Had a set back...

Options
My name is Amber and I've had a rough few months since last summer and stopped using MFP. BUT I am determined to continue because I found that although I kept losing some weight while not using MFP it's such an inspiration and theres so much support here. It makes me feel like I'm not alone in the battle of the bulge! Add me :)

Replies

• GJLUCY
    GJLUCY Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Glenna, I too had a set back , I found myself extra busy with one of our horses. He has become lame and I have been driving out to the farm where we keep him daily, this has cut into my spare time. Then Our dear horse stepped on my foot and it has been sore for weeks, that was just getting better and I clumsily hurt my other foot. It is hard to get enough exercise right now and I have let the whole thing slide. While I am determined not to gain back the almost 10 lbs I have lost. so am back today. any suggestions, would be appreciated.
  • amberina812
    amberina812 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Oh thats terrible! I am SUCH a horse lover and I hope your horse is okay and your feet too! Mine was more of a depression induced set back but one day I just kind of snapped out of it when I stepped on the scale and all of the work I had done to lose weight was gone and I had gained every single pound back. I also go online and read tons of articles on different ways to curb cravings and stay on track. http://www.naturalnews.com/022123.html
    this one article has helped me immensely. Not so much the going all natural part because with 2 kids and being unemployed its not affordable! But I find that every time I have a craving I think to myself...would a wild animal gorge on that bag of chips?! Probably not :) I'm trying the mind over matter thing and its helping. I also have always been so focused on the number i want to lose...now I'm just focusing on making better choices and getting some exercise in at least 5 times a week even if I only walk for 30 minutes and do some crunches. The thought of losing 50+ pounds just seems so unattainable sometimes. MFP really helps motivate me as well. I hope this helps and feel free to add me :) Enjoy your day!!!