Trinessa?

Options
I started taking the birth control trinessa last night. I was wondering if anyone here has had experience with this BC? Weight gain? Depression? Acne? Good experiences? Bad?

I've been reading a lot of negative things about it online today. I'm assuming only people who are trashing it are taking the time to write about it...

Replies

• mexicana81
    Options
    There are alot of imbalances but that is with any BC pills... mine was just some hotflashes at the begining.
  • That1nesha
    That1nesha Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    the only experience i had with it was some weight gain and i was on it for years. But since the recent recall I havent taken it since. they mixed up the hormones in some of the pills. my pharmacy sent a notice to check the lot numbers on the packs and sure enough i had some of the faulty packs.
  • mallory3411
    mallory3411 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    I can't speak to Trinessa itself as I've never taken it. However, most reviews online are (as you said) from the ones who had the negative experiences with them. Most people who didn't have any sort of issues with something tend to not post a review online so I wouldn't give them much thought. Don't read too much into it or you might make yourself crazy (I have done that in the past and concentrated on all the bad reviews and side effects).

I've taken a lot of different BC pills over the years and haven't had negative side effects except for when I was on Tri-Cyclin. Had terrible sinus headaches and migraines daily and nothing would help them.

I personally don't put much belief in the view that birth control causes you to gain weight. It can indirectly I guess as hormones will make you hungry more than usual or not as hungry. All can be managed.

Sometimes it's a trial and error for these things because they will react differently with everyone. It usually takes 3-6 months for your body to adjust and then you can see how it will affect you after your body gets used to the change.
  • TequillaLover89
    TequillaLover89 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    the only experience i had with it was some weight gain and i was on it for years. But since the recent recall I havent taken it since. they mixed up the hormones in some of the pills. my pharmacy sent a notice to check the lot numbers on the packs and sure enough i had some of the faulty packs.
    Recall? I can't find anything about that online?

Thanks for the responses, I guess I will just have to find out how my body reacts :)