Ideas?

Options
Hello, so I try to exercise outside (riding my bike, walks, playing sports, jump rope...) but lately I haven't been able to go cause of the humidity outside (I have trouble breathing walking from my bus stop to home this week) and they were announcing that it's going to be a humid summer in Canada (Ontario) so exercising outside won't be possible for me very often...

So, I was wondering if anyone has any ideas I could try to exercise... I can't afford a gym membership nor can I afford a machine... and I've tried some dvds (Jillian Micheals, pilates) and I get used to them. I get bored...rediculously, and I don't sweat/work as hard cause I'm used to it...That said, I was wondering if anyone had any fresh ideas to work out? or even like, still use the dvds but switch things up a bit? Or stairs! I run up the stairs a couple times! things like that, that I can do around the house...

Please and thanks!!!

Replies

• Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    Do you have a playstation 2 or wii?

I would suggest Yourself Fitness. It is a customizable workout program that works with your goals and ability. It will do cardio, weight loss, core body, upper body, lower body or yoga workouts each day. You can buy it on amazon.

I get bored easily with any workout and I have been using this for years.

Good Luck.
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Yes it's a very hot and humid week this week in Ontario, Toronto area.

I used to go for my walk/jog around 10:30-12:00 (start work at 3:30), but these past few days it's been so hot, so I've gone at 8:30-10:00. If I don't do it then, I try to get in another walk after work at 11:30 when it's alot cooler.

Is it still too humid at 9 or 10pm at night?
  • frankborelli
    frankborelli Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    check out www.fitdeck.com.

It's a card game... different every day... but work outs just the same.
  • GlamNGlitter
    Options
    i bought and LOVE biggest looser boot camp dvd.. it's a REALLY good workout and it starts you off slow and you build up your workout in 2 week increments. HIGHLY recommend it!! :wink:
  • angelajiniel
    angelajiniel Posts: 115
    Options
    Do you get any workouts on tv? I subscribe to Veria and the have pilates and yogo. I DVR both shows and that way I get a variety of workouts. It's always pilates...but it's never the same thing twice in a row! DVDs bored me a lot, this is way better.
  • dclarsh
    dclarsh Posts: 364
    Options
    If you have comcast cable, I hear they have a good selection of On Demand fitness videos for free. Otherwise, I know fitnessmagazine.com has some too, but you have to be able to play them on your computer.
  • ajclare
    ajclare Posts: 1
    Options
    Dancing while listening to music might help... It also makes the time go by fast and you dont even realize your getting the workout....I am in the states and the humidity here is real bad too.
  • JenniferMann24
    Options
    It has been REALLY bad here is GA.

DANCE!! I think its fun!:flowerforyou:
  • jljohnson
    jljohnson Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    There are some DVDs out called "10 Minute Solutions" (available at Walmart, and other places). They each have 5 workouts, 10 minutes each. You can mix and match the workouts to get a different routine when you get bored or to accomodate time constraints. There are a lot of different options, including pilates, yoga, ball exercises, bootcamp, different dance varieties, etc.
  • PeachJuice
    PeachJuice Posts: 14
    Options
    Wow thanks everyone! yea, I have a wii so I'll be getting the fitness game for sure...

And yea, it's still really humid at 9-10 at night :S

Thanks again!!!!
  • sandy429
    sandy429 Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    I highly recommend P90X. You won't get bored -- ever. The routines change with each phase, and you can always continue to increase your weights and challenge yourself. I'm finishing up my 4th round and love it!!