ANY WOMEN THAT HAVE PMDD????

Options
My dr thinks I might but we haven't discussed anything further... what do they do for it?????

Replies

• pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    I've heard some women have really good luck with an anti-depressant like zoloft, either all the time or just from peak (ovulation) to the day they start. I have bad PMS (maybe PMDD, but I've never persued it). Diet makes a HUGE difference for me! Cutting way down on sugar and caffeine did wonders for me. B vitamins, calcium, and magnesium supplements also help. You might look for a vitamin supplement called Optivite.
  • denise_earheart
    Options
    I've heard some women have really good luck with an anti-depressant like zoloft, either all the time or just from peak (ovulation) to the day they start. I have bad PMS (maybe PMDD, but I've never persued it). Diet makes a HUGE difference for me! Cutting way down on sugar and caffeine did wonders for me. B vitamins, calcium, and magnesium supplements also help. You might look for a vitamin supplement called Optivite.

I tried a few anti depressants zoloft one of them but they were making me more crazy than normal especially when I got off my cycle and felt normal again.... I do want to start taking vitamins but I have no idea what to get
  • ericapage
    ericapage Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I have it as well. Anti-depressant/anxiety meds like Prozac and Zoloft are typically prescribed. I try to avoid those types of meds so my OB/GYN recommended I take Calcium/Magnesium/Zinc (1 pill) and a B-12 Complex Stress Relief pill daily. You can get them at any drug store or even Walmart. I take them all month long so that when that PMDD beast arrives, my system already has those vitamins absorbed. Eating right, exercising and drinking lots of water is also recommended. Good luck!
  • denise_earheart
    Options
    I have it as well. Anti-depressant/anxiety meds like Prozac and Zoloft are typically prescribed. I try to avoid those types of meds so my OB/GYN recommended I take Calcium/Magnesium/Zinc (1 pill) and a B-12 Complex Stress Relief pill daily. You can get them at any drug store or even Walmart. I take them all month long so that when that PMDD beast arrives, my system already has those vitamins absorbed. Eating right, exercising and drinking lots of water is also recommended. Good luck!

OMG I feel like I do have a beast living inside of me during this time ughhhh
  • trm981
    trm981 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I have this and its horrible. I never had it until I got an IUD and had it removed after 6 weeks because of problems with it, and ever since then I go insane for two weeks of the month. I was on antidepressants years ago and hated them so I don't want to take those. I just bought a B vitamin complex and Tryptophan supplements. I read that 6mg of Tryptophan daily taken after ovulation has shown in studies to help alleviate PMDD symptoms. It might be bogus but can't hurt to try, there were no adverse effects to taking it that I could find. I'm going to take them during my next cycle and see if they work. For me also, PMDD is screwing up my weight loss royally. Those 2 weeks I undo all of the good I do the other weeks of the month where I'm doing great and not out of control binge eating and so lethargic and depressed its hard to get off the couch, much less exercise. I'm only averaging 1 or 2 pound a month weight loss instead of the 4 pounds I would like, and it is completely because of this.