I'm halfway to 90!

Options
Today is my 45th birthday. I have mixed feelings about it.

Con: It seems old to say I'm 45.

Pro: I'm alive.

Con: I haven't done some things I wanted to do by now.

Pro: I've already planned some things this year that I've always wanted to do.

Con: I'm not in great shape.

Pro: I'm in much better shape that I was this time last year. I have a long way to go, but at least I've gotten a good start!

In a Sunday school lesson a while back we talked about being one of those people who always wanted to do something. Instead fo watning to, just do it. I had always wanted to be one of those people who gets up at 5 to go running. But I hate getting up early. Through small steps, I have been getting up around 5:30 to exercise. I'm not outside running, but I'm inside working out. By this time next month I will be getting up and getting outside to walk/run.

JUST DO IT!

Here are some pics showing my progress so far. I've lost 50 pounds and around 35 inches. (I just realized I haven't been doubling inches lost on arms and legs - only been measuring one!)

sept2009.jpg

Sometime in Sept. 2009

IMG_0318-1.jpg

July 2011

014.jpg

Pic taken 2/12/12. I bought these 2/12/11 to wear for my birthday last year.

016.jpg

Taken 2/12/12. 50 pounds down!

Replies

• kebrina1983
    Options
    Congrats!!
  • crystal8208
    crystal8208 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Wow!!!!!!!! You look fantastic! :love: I love the pic pulling on the year-old bigger jeans. I immediately thought of Jared from Subway holding out the too-big pants. Way to go!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Jewcybabe
    Jewcybabe Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Mandy, you've really accomplished a lot so far.......and I know there is more in store!!~
  • NewCyn
    NewCyn Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Looking Fantastic. Keep up the great work of taking care of YOU!
  • Pangui
    Pangui Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Great job! I'm hanging in there with ya! Next week I turn 47, so I guess that makes me half-way to 94 and I intend to make it all the way. My dad is 92. This past year has been a big turning point in my life with regards to healthy eating and exercise.

We can do this together! Yay Mandy!
  • misslissa121
    Options
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!! Way to go on the new body. Big step to making it towards 90 and completing all the things you ever dreamed. 45 is the new 20
  • themrsbriggs
    themrsbriggs Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    WOO HOO!!! YOU LOOK AMAZING AND I AM SO HONORED TO CALL YOU MY MFP FRIEND <3

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!
  • crystal2012215
    Options
    Wow great job what an inspiration to those of us just starting the journey
  • aquawinnie
    aquawinnie Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Especially the part of getting up at 5:30am. I still can't that. Keep it up
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!!

btw I definitely don't consider 45 old =]
  • jsjaclark
    Options
    Happy Birthday and welcome to the 45 club (I have been a member for two weeks now). Great job on loosing 50 pounds!!! Keep it up.
  • pameb1
    pameb1 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, keep up the good work!
  • eedossa
    eedossa Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday to you! What an amazing present to yourself! You look great!
  • palmtrees2011
    Options
    Awesome job. Keep up the good work. I have lost 36 pounds so far and I feel so much better about myself.
  • Emancipated_Tai
    Emancipated_Tai Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    You look AWESOME!! Keep up the good work. FYI: old age is only a state of mind, not a way of life!
  • fj211
    fj211 Posts: 95
    Options
    Happy birthday---you look fantastic! You are an inspiration to the rest of us who are looking forward to that big 50 pound weight loss number.
  • KJLIII
    KJLIII Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday ! ! :flowerforyou:

You really are doing GREAT ! ! The pictures are wonderful, and show how far you've come...

I'm 51, and will be 52 in August - so does that make me halfway to 103 at this point ?? SCARY ! !

One thing I've learned: You're only as YOUNG as you feel !! Great job getting more fit - it's like getting younger all the time ! ! :wink:
  • CDresp
    CDresp Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    45!!!???? Girl, PAHLEEEEZE. I would loooooove to be 45 again and loosing weight like I am now. Just be very thankful you have started your journey NOW and not 8 years later like me!!! 45 is NUTHING!!!!!! You are still very young and the more weight you loose the younger you will look too!!!! Hang tough and keep pushing!!!
  • mandygal13
    mandygal13 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Thanks everybody! Y'all are sweet!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!