New here and need some support

Options
Hello fellow MFPer's.

I have just recently downloaded the app to my mobile device and am quite impressed with the tool. I have been a subscriber of Weight Watchers for many years only to be disappointed becuase I haven't been dedicated/motivated to stick with it. I blame myself. I know Weight Watchers WORKS only if you devote time to it. The same applies to My Fitness Pal. There are two key differences to both tools: One is free, one isn't. One is pretty simple to use and navigate, the other is very enriched and can be overwhelmingly scary.

What makes this time for me to start on my transformation that I haven't had before? First, it's something that has been bothering me for a long time. Since I had my baby, I never got the weight off. In fact, I gained. It's been 3 1/2 years. I am 5"2, weight 181 lbs and am only 34. I am the heaviest I ever been. I can see it in my face, feel it in my walk, see it in the mirror. I don't like what I see and only I CAN change it.

Secondly, I want to set a good example to my daughter and husband that mantaining a healthy weight is not only important, but essential to have a long life. I've lost both my mother and father at a young age due to a poor lifestyle and don't want that to happen to me. I have more aches and pains and sick more becuase I don't excercise or eat right. I don't want to be a statistic.

With the journey to weight loss and healthier chances, I believe it will boost my own self-esteem and I can progressively get off my anti-anxiety and depression medication. I need all the support I can get!

Replies

• leahanes
    leahanes Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am in your same boat! I want to be a positive role model to my daughters as well, and I'm tired of being on the sidelines because I don't feel good or something hurts. I want to be an active part of my family's lives! I also weigh more than I did when I was pregnant with my 2nd child and that sickens me. I'll definitely friend you! =)
  • bugtrain
    bugtrain Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Hello atamrowski! I am in need of more friends here.....I would love to offer my support if you are willing to do the same.I will turn 40 next month and wish I could be back to going down with that number on the scale by then.We are the same weight and height.....maybe we can get that number going in the right direction.....I'm up for the challenge if you are:wink:
  • thelonelysquirrel
    Options
    You can add me.

I'm not your average funny fat friend. :)

I'm just looking for supporters also.

Want to know more about me?

http://scribingthejourney.com/ is where I write.
  • lroutt65
    lroutt65 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am new to the buddy system with myfitness pal. I have been using this off and on for years, but decided this is the best way to keep track of my food intake. I try to calcuate it in my head, but I always forget something or don't use the correct calorie count. MFP is the best way to keep track. I would love to have a support group for mutual support during the weightloss and maintenance (which can be the hardest). I have approximately 40 more pounds to go on the first part of my journey. To date (including when I did not use MFP) I have lost 108 lbs. It has been a long road (approximately 5 years) of losing weight, gaining, losing, but the result is a net lose of 108lbs. I intend on keeping this off for the rest of my life.

Here's to healthy eating and enjoying life!
  • MaryEllen1234
    Options
    Good luck! You're doing this for the right reason!! Being health for your family is the most important thing I can think of. I'm hoping to start a family one day and trying to get healthy so I'll be able to keep up with young ones! Keep at it!
  • runderhi
    runderhi Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hey :)

I can identify with you completely - I never lost my baby weight either and my oldest is 18 now !! I am 37 yrs old and I am 5ft 11 inches and 235 pounds currently after losing 13 lbs so I am on the road but it is a long one and I could so with some support so feel free to connect with me and we can support eachother :)

Ruth
  • zgdsmith
    zgdsmith Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I'm with you on not being able to loose the baby weight. It's been two years since I had my son and i'm determined to loose all this extra weight. I'm about the same size as you are now. If you need a support buddy feel free to add me. I could use the extra support as well. I know this will be a tough road but we can do it!! :)
  • chicken46
    Options
    hi, I too am new to this, have only recently started. I am ashamed to say that I do only have 10 lb to lose but finding it difficult so some moral support would be great. I too am on anxiety and depression tablets so can associate with that. Feel free to chat any time. Gill
  • chicken46
    Options
    Hello fellow MFPer's.

I have just recently downloaded the app to my mobile device and am quite impressed with the tool. I have been a subscriber of Weight Watchers for many years only to be disappointed becuase I haven't been dedicated/motivated to stick with it. I blame myself. I know Weight Watchers WORKS only if you devote time to it. The same applies to My Fitness Pal. There are two key differences to both tools: One is free, one isn't. One is pretty simple to use and navigate, the other is very enriched and can be overwhelmingly scary.

What makes this time for me to start on my transformation that I haven't had before? First, it's something that has been bothering me for a long time. Since I had my baby, I never got the weight off. In fact, I gained. It's been 3 1/2 years. I am 5"2, weight 181 lbs and am only 34. I am the heaviest I ever been. I can see it in my face, feel it in my walk, see it in the mirror. I don't like what I see and only I CAN change it.

Secondly, I want to set a good example to my daughter and husband that mantaining a healthy weight is not only important, but essential to have a long life. I've lost both my mother and father at a young age due to a poor lifestyle and don't want that to happen to me. I have more aches and pains and sick more becuase I don't excercise or eat right. I don't want to be a statistic.

With the journey to weight loss and healthier chances, I believe it will boost my own self-esteem and I can progressively get off my anti-anxiety and depression medication. I need all the support I can get!
  • chicken46
    Options
    hi, I too am new to this, have only recently started. I am ashamed to say that I do only have 10 lb to lose but finding it difficult so some moral support would be great. I too am on anxiety and depression tablets so can associate with that. Feel free to chat any time. Gill
  • sincerely4me1o0
    sincerely4me1o0 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I just had a daughter myself. She is 2. I want her to grow up knowing a healthy way of eating and an active lifestyle. Let's add and motivate each other! I definitely welcome all the support I can get and love giving it!
  • kedgin
    kedgin Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi! Welcome to MFP! I have been using the site on and off for a year. Decided at the beginning of this year that having the friends on MFP was the best choice I have made.

Feel free to friend me..:smile: