FITBIT HELP

Options
Okay, so i purchased the fitbit and i love it and i have been using it for everything even sleeping, but i'm kinda of confused.

i linked it to my MFP and i like that it tracks everything i do during the day, but i'm wondering that if i do like the treadmill, and the treadmill tells me that i burned 200 calories, do i put that in MFP? or will the "Fitbit calorie adjustment" include that? Because it is never as much as what the treadmill and what not say....

i just dont want to like 'double dip' on my calorie burns, i want it to be accurate, i just havent found awesome instructions on this.

Replies

• mgdiock
    mgdiock Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    You can log your tredmill time as a special event. You enter that the same way you do sleep mode, by doing the stop watch. Log the even in fit bit, not MFP, and FitBit will block this event out as a manual adjustment. Clear as mud?
  • SharClark40
    Options
    Check out this posting:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/help/faq/297-what-information-is-synced-between-my-fitbit-and-myfitnesspal-accounts

It may help you a little and it may just confuse you more. I've followed this, and open up both sites when I'm logging my activity into MFP so I can be sure to check my FitBit pace in the activity log when I'm walking and to be sure to get the exact time the activity started. It seems that all the calorie calculation is done for you when you sync the two accounts and log the times correctly.

I think. ;-)

Good luck!
  • itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    I don't log anything on Fitbit except for my weight...