Goodbye, obese! 32 pounds lost, almost halfway there

Options
Hello, MFP! Today is a great day for me as I'm finally able to write this - I'm nearly halfway there, and am officially out of the obesity range! I couldn't have done it without the help and support of this site.
I started on MFP last January (2011). I was 205 pounds and felt horrible about myself. I've been "fat" since grade 4, and thought for the longest time I'd never be able to lose it. Well, I was wrong.
Last year I lost a total of 20 pounds on this website. I was happy, but after a depressing event in my life, I quit coming online. I managed to maintain my weight, but stayed stuck at 185 pounds.
I decided to come back now that my life has calmed down a bit in January. I've since then lost another 12 pounds!

DIET:
I've been doing my best to maintain a 1300-1450 calorie diet, which gives me a deficit of around 500 calories on an average day. I've GREATLY reduced my sodium intake and that has helped me a lot.
I notice that even when I stay under my calorie goal, if I take in a lot of sodium, it seems to hinder my weight loss.
I've had some off days, but with some self-discipline it hasn't been difficult.

EXERCISE:
One word: Wii!
I purchased Wii Fit a while back and the daily body test alone helped keep my motivated. The games are fun and it is in all a pretty interesting program. It may not have helped a lot with burning calories, but the Yoga and Strength Training exercises are amazing. :smile:
I also own Just Dance 2 & 3. I really work up a sweat doing them! Not to mention its a ton of fun.

Now, this is embaressing for me to post. But I suppose I will anyway. I've cropped them to not include my face, but you can see the progress in my belly.
PICTURES:

Le before [taken at 198 pounds];
2u61iy0.jpg

Le now [taken at 173 pounds];
24zj9cz.jpg

Hope this gives someone some motivation. :) Good luck to you all on your weight loss journey, and feel free to add me for the rest of mine!

Replies

• dzmikki
    dzmikki Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Great job! Your hard work has paid off!
    What is your favorite Wii fit game?
  • hramm
    hramm Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Amazing! You have done a great job!
  • HoosierMomma1
    HoosierMomma1 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    That is Amazing!!!!!! I'm so proud and happy for you and it gives me hope. Thanks for your post.
  • auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your hard work.
  • JanetLM73
    JanetLM73 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting, I started at 206 almost a month ago and is down 10lbs....my goal is 150. You are doing great!
  • Sylvie212
    Sylvie212 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Wow, absolutely amazing. You are my inspiration.....
  • Jennieam
    Jennieam Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I am so pleased for you. Congratulations on your achievements.
  • itsyogi1
    Options
    Way to go girl and thanks for the Pictures I need the motivation and you gave it to me! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • gracielee1
    gracielee1 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    congratulations! sodium definitely hinders weight loss, but i am glad you were able to fight it off and achieved such tremendous success! keep up the good work!
  • PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    I am so proud of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am just a few pounds away from getting out of the obese range.
  • paisley2288
    paisley2288 Posts: 913 Member
    Options
    Look at that little belly! GREAT job!
  • Jujurenae
    Jujurenae Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    wow! Thats crazy cool...good for you!!!! Not easy and lots of work I Know. I just started on this journey about 40 days ago and Im learning so much....but I don't know alot if you know what I mean. Nutrition I need to learn more. Anyway Congrats on your hard work. Keep on Keeping active..Jewels
  • Sh0ewh0re7_BlingItOn
    Options
    Wow, congrats, you're doing a smashing job!!!!! Keep at it!!!
  • techigirl78
    techigirl78 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! I felt wonderful when I was no longer obese. Working towards normal now! Good luck!
  • Hippie_Soul
    Hippie_Soul Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you!!! Can totally tell that you have lost some inches!!
    My sodium has been over every day and I figured that would hinder my weight loss. Thanks for bringing it to attention! Is there any special foods you eat to keep your sodium levels down???
  • carpp107
    Options
    Awesome Job!!!!! I love playing the Wii.....I am a tennis master!!! :)
  • niightwind
    Options
    Great job! Your hard work has paid off!
    What is your favorite Wii fit game?
    Balance game is the Bubble thing [aren't I good with names?]
    Aerobics is Basic Steps & Hula Hooping
    Yoga is the warrior pose
    &Strength training, the Jack knife. :)
  • Chalesie
    Chalesie Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    You look great! Thanks soo much for sharing this and especially the pictures. Its great to hear to stories but even better to see the results; it gives me hope that I'll get there too. Keep up the hard work and you'll reach your goal before you know it! :smile:
  • 1FitBabe
    1FitBabe Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    This is motivating!!! Your tummy looks great!
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!