calories burned through exercise vs goal calories

Options
Does anyone know if you dont eat all your calories from the day before, can that be counted towards the next day even though myfitnesspal doesnt carry it over? For example, my goal caloric intake without exercise is 1310, lets say i exercised and added another 300 making it 1610 total for the day. I eat my 1310 at the end of the day, but just cant get my 300 extra calories in for whatever reason, can that be counted towards the next day or so as long as i reached or exceed my weekly goal at the end of the week? And what if I eat over my caloric goal the next day, can i use the extra 300 since i didnt eat it the day before? I know that you should eat all calories per day, but just wondering what happens if you extra left over from the day before. Hope this makes sense.

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    This is ok - some people ZIG-ZAG their calories on purpose. Under some days / over on other days. As long as you keep track you're good to go.
  • beach_chelle
    Options
    Well you can look at it that way, I try to get my overall weekly calorie goal to be under 3500 because something about one pound being equal to 3500 calories.
  • llkilgore
    llkilgore Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    A lot of people here manage their calories by the week rather than the day. I do it by counting half the calories I earn on the days I run to the non-run days that follow.
  • Kailio
    Options
    as long as your weekly intake is not over 3500 you can do it. 3500 for 1 pound 7000 for 2 and so forth.