Options
Please tell me how to get rid of it!!!!

13443612.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• amymarie8709
    amymarie8709 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    LOTS OF AB WORK!!! Sit ups, Crunches, etc. I use my body ball for mine. That way I don't hurt my tailbone! Body balls come with a dvd usually too. Go to my wall and look at my pics. I have some before and after pics on there. Add me if you'd like!!! I'd love to help you!!!
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    People will tell you that you can't spot reduce, but it doesn't hard to strengthen your core. Do planks, crunches, back extensions. If you are looking for full workouts, check out bodyrock.tv. I started doing their workout in January, and it's been great. I have two kids (2 and 3.5).
  • joshswifey2011
    joshswifey2011 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    How much and how often do you do abs.
  • mhardest
    mhardest Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I am right there with you! I had my son 14 months ago and my belly/waist area is definitely not the same anymore! I will be anxious to see other suggestions, too!
  • beaglenutty
    beaglenutty Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Im with you! I had two kids and my youngest is 9 months now.
  • leanmachinedream
    Options
    My kid is almost 2 and I still have all 50lbs of my baby weight. I didn't start actively trying to work it off until just recently.
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    How much and how often do you do abs.

I hope someone chime in. I would guess 3-5 times a week with 4-5 sets of each exercise. I am bad at creating my own routine, so that's why I follow the bodyrock workout. That's all I do since Jan 8th.
  • branflake6
    Options
    if you wanna mix it up try belly dancing, you can prob find some workouts on youtube
  • MaddoxsMommy
    MaddoxsMommy Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Bump! I'm right there with you.
  • Littlestarsmomma
    Options
    thanks for the idea of bodyrock.tv because i use now alot and it works!!! thanks! and i had my daughter 22 months ago as well
  • melrose09
    Options
    You definitely need to do core work to rebuild those muscles. BUT that won't really get rid of the layer of fat over them. I do circuits and strength as well as cardio and a small cal deficit in the beginning (I'm at maintenance now) and my abs are better than before I had my son (he's 14 months). Just about a full blown 6 pack! :) My abs were DESTROYED and had a 3 finger wide gap when I tried to work out 6 weeks post partum. In order to SEE abs, you need to lower your % body fat.
  • lovesweetlove
    Options
    You definitely need to do core work to rebuild those muscles. BUT that won't really get rid of the layer of fat over them. I do circuits and strength as well as cardio and a small cal deficit in the beginning (I'm at maintenance now) and my abs are better than before I had my son (he's 14 months). Just about a full blown 6 pack! :) My abs were DESTROYED and had a 3 finger wide gap when I tried to work out 6 weeks post partum. In order to SEE abs, you need to lower your % body fat.

I totally agree. It's great to mix cardio with some ab workouts and general circuit training to really see an overall difference.
  • amymarie8709
    amymarie8709 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    if you wanna mix it up try belly dancing, you can prob find some workouts on youtube

I don't know where you guys are, but they sell belly dancing dvds at places like Wal-Mart.
  • Hilary75
    Hilary75 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Before you do any major ab work you should make sure you don't have diastasis recti (also known as abdominal separation) a disorder defined as a separation of the rectus abdominis muscle into right and left halves. If you still have ab separation you need to work on repairing that first bc some ab exercises can make the separation worse. My twins are 22 months old and I just realized that I still have separation. I guess I thought this was just my new body but after some research discovered the separation I have can be repaired. I found a physical therapist who specializes in diastasis recti and is helping me repair my abs.

Good luck.
  • carrotstick2012
    Options
    Is it actually fat or is it just muscle tone? I've had a few children and I've found the treadmill and swimming to be good to help me flatten my tummy. No sit ups here.
  • ieishab
    ieishab Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    THANKS FOR ALL THE RESPONSES!!! It looks like I just ned to step my game up! Im soooooo motivated. thanks again!
  • kimmythingy
    Options
    It makes me so motivated to hear other people say that they have successfully managed to get a good stomach back after children.

I have four children and would love to see my abs again!
    There is some great advice here. :):)
    xx