One year in, 78 lbs. down

Options
2»

Replies

• einee14
    einee14 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Absolutely incredible! So happy I caught this today! I understand everything you have went through! I lost -120 pounds and then ended up with having 2 hip scopes down, and I'm only 31!, turned out it was genetic! But man it feels good to reach those goals! I still struggle everyday to forgive myself for my past, something I still need to comes to terms with! Thanks for sharing your story! Keep on going girl!
  • m_wilh
    m_wilh Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Your story soooo inspired me! Thank you so much for sharing in such exquisite detail your thoughts and the journey you've taken this past year. Congratulations on your weight loss success!
  • lisastrom
    lisastrom Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Excellent post!! I'm recommending it to a friend of mine to keep her motivated as she's just started on her journey. (I'm almost to goal after losing 58 lbs. in one year).

Keep up the good work!:happy:
  • FiMama
    Options
    That is a remarkable story. It motivates me. Thank you and Congrats on your success!
  • renu74
    renu74 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing this wonderful story. Truly inspirational!!
  • JJShotz
    JJShotz Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Great story! Congratulations on your progress! I love the comment you made about "Every day is a fresh start". That is a great perspective and source of inspiration. This is how I've naturally attacked my transformation, but it brings it more to light when formulated and presented the way you did. I am going to pass that knowledge onto MFP buddies. Some stuggle from time to time. It can see how this can be a very powerful personal mantra.
  • k121777
    k121777 Posts: 306
    Options
    You make me smile, you give me hope and strength! You are one strong sassy woman! LOVE IT!
  • mpoet
    mpoet Posts: 7
    Options
    Thanks for your post! I've been in a rut lately, and it helps to read something so inspiring.
  • lisasmith1968
    lisasmith1968 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    that is such an awesome story and pretty much the same for me....once I got my thought process about healthy living straight and eating straight it didn't seem like such an effort, more like a life change...I try not to focus on the scale but it does get to me at times...then I just have to remember that no matter what the scale says, I know that I am much healthier than I ever have been before and that keeps me going....
    Congratulations to you an an awesome accomplishment!!! keep up the mind blowing work.

Lisa
  • Silverado18
    Options
    Fabulous story! You are amazing and an inspiration to us all! Keep up the excellent work! We are on this journey together. :)
  • carolann_22
    carolann_22 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Inspiring!
  • jaabee11
    jaabee11 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I can't believe I missed this when you first wrote it.

It's so wonderful especially this last bit
    You are an inspiration to me, I love your kind words and your honesty, thanks for being my friend on MFP.
    I'm going to chase your tail, can't wait to see you reach maintenance and then know I will be doing the same one day.
    Thank you for caring enough to write this
    I love the " we CAN change what we do next"
    I'm going to exercise NOW...
    xx oo

For me, this journey isn't about hope, or luck, or wishing. It's about DOING ... or in some cases, NOT doing. I have great days and less-than-great days ... sometimes I have epic fail days. Doesn't matter ... the key is to get up and get back on track. That's all. All that negative energy we waste feeling bad or berating ourselves for failures is such a waste. It's done; we can't change it. But we CAN change what we do next.

So. My journey continues, and I can't wait to see where I'll be this time next year. Forward we go!
  • jaabee11
    jaabee11 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    bump for newsfeed.
  • BobbieLee1959
    BobbieLee1959 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Thank you, you are truly an inspiration, in every way!! Best wishes as you continue your journey!!
  • xmandadollx
    xmandadollx Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success and a big thanks for sharing it here to motivate and encourage others. Kudos!
  • jenslife82
    Options
    That's very inspiring and very well written :) thank you for sharing!
  • Longtobeslim
    Longtobeslim Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting your story. WOW! Amazing! Where are you from in the Midwest? I am originally from Wisconsin but live in Virginia now.

I really needed to hear your story. I just finished my first week on MFP and lost 7 pounds. I have 110 pounds to lose. I have lost and gained large amounts of weight several times but always go back to my bad eating habits. I also believe I am addicted to food.

It has been hard to get started again because 110 pounds just seems too overwhelming. Every time I think about getting started I think about how much work it took before to lose large amounts of weight. So I am defeated before I even start.

But this time I think it is going to be different (although I have said this before). I just FEEL like it is going to be better. I am really trying to not think about 110 pounds but one meal, one day at a time.

I love this site and now look forward to logging my food and exercise every day. I am enjoying so many new, healthy foods. I plan to make this a life time commitment, not just until I reach my goal weight.

Thanks for the inspiration and motivation I needed it at the start of my new journey.

Erin
  • cbh142
    cbh142 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    You will motivate and inspire people and you may never even know about it. Great story and keep up the good work!
  • atashooter
    Options
    Congrats! I looking forward to that day too. Thanks for the inspiration!
  • fitnessyeoja
    fitnessyeoja Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Beautifully written! Congratulations on your daily successes! Inspired by your story. I just completed 90 days on MFP. I look forward to where I'll be a year in.