how often do you weigh yourself?

Options
Hi, new to this site. a friend suggested it and I'm loving it so far. I've been trying to track all this stuff on my own, but this is so much easier!
Quick question: how often does everyone weigh themselves? Daily just to see that you're on the right track? every few days? How often do you weigh/measure yourself to "check in" and record your progress on here? weekly?
Thanks!

Replies

• Ondreacrandall
    Ondreacrandall Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I've been trying to wait to weigh myself once a week. Daily can get discouraging because your weight will fluctuate.
  • OceansForever
    OceansForever Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Yep, I do weekly.

Cuts down on obsession and the frustration of daily fluctuating weight.
  • TNAJackson
    TNAJackson Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Weight fluctuates so much that daily weighing was actually hindering my progress... I decided on once per week, which is what the majority of people do. However, I do find myself weighing in twice a week more often than not. :happy:
  • raines_eric
    Options
    Daily. But I don't recommend this if you can't handle fluctuations and standard variations.

I just like to see how different foods and intakes impact my weight on a day-to-day basis. I don't get offended when my weight goes up, I expect it...
  • MMarvelous
    MMarvelous Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Weigh in weekly. I do my measurements monthly.
  • Music_is_my_soul
    Music_is_my_soul Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every monday at 9:30 in the morning and try to wear either the same cloths or something very similar. I measure myself every month on the same day. :)

Good luck on your journey!! :)
  • Reedern
    Reedern Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I actually get on the scale every day, but only log my weight once a week since it can fluctuate from day to day based on water weight, PMS, etc.
  • rlajack1217
    rlajack1217 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I record my weight once a week. But I weigh myself several times during the week but not daily.
  • sammi402
    sammi402 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    You should pick a day/time for weigh-in and only weigh yourself then. Your weight changes throughout the day everyday so doing it at the same time every week gives you a more realistic picture of what you are doing. You should also try to have the same eating habits (depending on time of day) and outfit (or lack thereof) each time you WI.
  • susanb573
    susanb573 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    weekly and if I have had a bad week I'll skip it. But for me, it's more about how certain things fit (or don't fit) more than about what the scale says.
  • green_king
    green_king Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Over the first month I've weighed myself once a week as I would have lost at least a pound or two each time & this would motivate me to keep going. Now my weight loss has slowed down though, & I'm naturally more focused, I'll probably start weighing/measuring every 3-4 days.
  • saramerrigan
    saramerrigan Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    Daily. But I don't recommend this if you can't handle fluctuations and standard variations.

I just like to see how different foods and intakes impact my weight on a day-to-day basis. I don't get offended when my weight goes up, I expect it...

^^ I'm the same as this
  • ❤lindsay❤dawn❤
    Options
    Every Tuesday morning... Makes me make sure I don't over indulge on the weekends... : ))
  • IrishMinx32
    IrishMinx32 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I personally weigh myself 1x a week also what ever the number says i put in in the "check in". I measure once a month. Weighing yourself often keeps you accountable for your weight loss. People even do it everyday, I personally cant do that. GoodLuck and welcome.
  • alidav12345
    Options
    At first I was weighing myself everyday but doing that you can get obsessed with it. So now I weigh every Friday. On the measurements I remeasure every 4 weeks from my last one.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I used to weigh Monday and Friday but now I only weigh about once a week.
  • mlybrn
    mlybrn Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Once a week, no more than that. I don't keep a scales in college, to prevent me getting tempted, so I can only weigh myself at home at the weekend. Also, weighing yourself everyday can become an obsession, and you'll freak out over the slightest bit of water retention or pre-TOM bloating.
  • kimmythingy
    Options
    Quick answer.... Too often :laugh: :laugh:

Daily. Morning and evening. Its a bad habit... I'd like to get to the point where I can do it weekly.
    x
  • swall0810
    swall0810 Posts: 148 Member
    Options

This is what I do too.
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    Weight fluctuates daily and monthly due to hormones, eating patterns, water intake, exercise, etc. If you weigh in daily, all this has to be taken into account every time you touch the scale. If you measure weekly, usually you're only dealing with the monthly cycles. If you weigh in monthly, you don't even have to worry as much about that!

I weigh daily. I use it to track my food sensitivities. If I'm up a bunch in just one day, I know there was something wrong with what I ate the day before. I can usually pinpoint exactly what set me off. I also have a rather irregular monthly cycle, so I can track that as well by weighing daily. I know I'll be up and down like crazy, but as long as the overall trend is downward, I'm happy.