how often do you weigh yourself?

Options
2»

Replies

• AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Hi, new to this site. a friend suggested it and I'm loving it so far. I've been trying to track all this stuff on my own, but this is so much easier!
    Quick question: how often does everyone weigh themselves? Daily just to see that you're on the right track? every few days? How often do you weigh/measure yourself to "check in" and record your progress on here? weekly?
    Thanks!

once a week, wednesday mornings, same time, same everything (after bodypump class, before breakfast or shower)
  • w2bab
    w2bab Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I'm addicted to my scale, so I weigh myself every morning before I eat or drink anything. I record my morning weight in a spreadsheet and have a graph linked to it so I can track my progress. We all know our weight fluctuates daily, and the graph helps remind me that my weight is dropping. I've only been on here a few days, so I don't know how often I'll update my weight on here, but I'm guessing that those mornings where I see a 3 lb. spike won't be a day when I post. I also take my measurements about once a week since I'm losing inches a lot faster than I'm losing pounds. It helps keep me motivated.
  • rkennedy39
    rkennedy39 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every 2 weeks.
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every day just to keep myself on track but I only track my loss on Saturday's which is my official weigh-in day. I take my measurements every 10 lbs.
  • x_biggirl
    Options
    I weigh once a week:smile:
  • captndalton
    captndalton Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I 'check in' once a week... if there's a significant difference. I weigh myself for personal delight every other day, in the morning. I like this site, too... I've set goals for protein, fat, sodium.. there's only so much room in my head for all that info.
  • TamImbrogno
    TamImbrogno Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every day as soon as I wake up! I do this because this is how I have figured out what foods I can eat without a gain etc! But like the above poster said I wouldnt if you get discouraged easily! I update my weight tracker on here everytime I have a loss!!
  • cammy82
    Options
    I weigh in at work once a week early in the morning, some people do like to weigh themselves everyday but I feel its better once a week.
  • ValRawn
    ValRawn Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Though most people vary, it depends on your goals. If you are just starting out, I would suggest once a week. Make sure it is the same day every week, and the same time of day as well. For myself, I do it Friday mornings before I've eaten/drank anything for the day. Any more than once a week may make you too reliant on the scale and may quickly turn negative if you aren't seeing the numbers dropping as quickly as you anticipated. Just remember, the numbers on the scale are not the only indication of your progress. If the scale isn't moving, you may still have lost inches. While a pound of fat and a pound of muscle weight the same, the muscle takes up less space!
  • sandrinamsilva
    sandrinamsilva Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning. I don't log it in because like others have said it goes up and down. It doesn't discourage me though, I like to use the ups to see what foods I ate the day before that might have has too much sodium. If the ups and downs drive you crazy find one day that works for you and weigh in weekly or bi-weekly.
  • hope516
    hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    At least 3 to 4 times a day....:smokin: I have issues I know!!! my therapist and I are working on it :laugh: jk In fact this weekend my batt died in my scale and I made a special trip just to get it and it drove me crazy all day not knowing what I weighed yesterday!!!

Once as soon as I get up, after peeing and stripping buck naked :blushing: (always my lightest weight)
    After I get out of the shower (in case I washed off a couple of pounds of dirt :laugh: )
    When I get home from work (ranges between 2 to 4 pounds heavier than my morning weight :grumble:)
    After I work out, as if my 45 min stint burned 3500 cals :bigsmile: (its usually the same as my weigh in before)

The only time I DO NOT ((((((((((((((WILL NOT)))))))))) weigh, is the few days, during, and after my period :explode: Even though I know its water weight and it ALWAYS goes back to normal, I can't see that sudden jump of 6 to 8 pounds!!!
  • Loves2snack
    Loves2snack Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Every morning. It keeps me on track. If I ate bad that day I can see how it effected my weight.
  • Oneday150
    Oneday150 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every day as soon as I wake up! I do this because this is how I have figured out what foods I can eat without a gain etc! But like the above poster said I wouldnt if you get discouraged easily! I update my weight tracker on here everytime I have a loss!!

I do the same also^^^ And I log in my weight on MFP too everyday...
  • skyty16
    Options
    Every Friday, I hop on the scale really quickly during my softball workout.
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    Quick answer.... Too often :laugh: :laugh:

Daily. Morning and evening. Its a bad habit... I'd like to get to the point where I can do it weekly.
    x

Me, too. Every time I pass by my scale I want to use it. Sometimes I pass by it on purpose just so I can hop on. I can practically list it as a hobby :ohwell:
  • ClareB13
    ClareB13 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning but I fully expect it to fluctuate during the week. I record any losses on here whenever they happen and write down my weight once a week (Wed) regardless of whether it's up or down.
  • mrandolph69
    mrandolph69 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Daily. But I don't recommend this if you can't handle fluctuations and standard variations.

I just like to see how different foods and intakes impact my weight on a day-to-day basis. I don't get offended when my weight goes up, I expect it...

I concur with this!