BEST 1200cal OPTIONS...BEST/FAVORITE WAYS TO USE UR 1200 ca

Options
hey, all...sso not everyone's diaries r viewable, so let's share our favorite ways to use our 1200 calories...

which meals benefit u more? favorite splurges? best foods at low calories?

which meals make u feel fuller without spending a ton of calories?

:drinker:

Replies

• pjbercot
    pjbercot Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Till I started a 6 week challenge at a local gym that involves a Paleo diet my key was oatmeal with half a cup of berries in it. Or a Medium blizzard from Dairy Queen :)
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    why 1200 calories? are you old? sedentary? have a thyroid/pcos condition? 1200 is way low for MOST people.
  • countryclubber
    Options
    Till I started a 6 week challenge at a local gym that involves a Paleo diet my key was oatmeal with half a cup of berries in it. Or a Medium blizzard from Dairy Queen :)

mmmm blizzard sounds delish! thnx :)
  • PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    A typical day for me :

Apple with PB

Turkey based chili / sloppy joe

Salad for dinner with protein of the night ( turkey, ground beef, chopped chicken )

Powerbar

fresh veggies ( peppers, celery, carrots ) with dip
  • countryclubber
    Options
    why 1200 calories? are you old? sedentary? have a thyroid/pcos condition? 1200 is way low for MOST people.

1200 is what mfp projected for me...but yes, i do have thyroid and addison's disease and am on 2 corticosteroids also...

but i see tons of ppl on mfp wth the 1200 cal per day restriction as suggested by mfp..

and unless 32 is old...no lol
  • countryclubber
    Options
    A typical day for me :

Apple with PB

Turkey based chili / sloppy joe

Salad for dinner with protein of the night ( turkey, ground beef, chopped chicken )

Powerbar

fresh veggies ( peppers, celery, carrots ) with dip

thanku! great ideas :)
  • lambertj
    lambertj Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    love turkey tacos with 99% fat free turkey, black beans, green pepper and onion
    addicted to green beans with garlic
    make a batch of turkey chili once a week and freeze 1 cup servings for a fast lunch
    nickel brand bread - the best at 35 calories a slice
    salad with lots of veggies and Wishbone spray dressing or just plain vinegar
    greek yogurt
    eggs with salsa
    tilapia
    grilled chicken
  • countryclubber
    Options
    love turkey tacos with 99% fat free turkey, black beans, green pepper and onion
    addicted to green beans with garlic
    make a batch of turkey chili once a week and freeze 1 cup servings for a fast lunch
    nickel brand bread - the best at 35 calories a slice
    salad with lots of veggies and Wishbone spray dressing or just plain vinegar
    greek yogurt
    eggs with salsa
    tilapia
    grilled chicken

these r the best ideas ive seen so far! thank u :)

do u have a recipe for turkey chili wth calorie count?

also ur turkey tacos...such a great idea...do u use hard or soft shells?

THANKU :)
  • manda1028
    Options
    a lot of my friends had 1200 as a calorie goal too and they had good results, ... i tried it and i lost some weight AT FIRST then everything slowly came back and actually gained a little .. it made me skip a period and feel icky. good luck to you , dont be afraid to up ur cals though either
  • linzirussell
    linzirussell Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    my favourite meal is baked sweet potato with tuna mayonnaise, lettuce, cucumber and red onion! comes in at about 310 calories and keeps me full up for 5 hours + :D i also LOVE oatcakes but they're about 50 calories each, they keep you full tho:) ps i think my diary is open if u wana have a look
  • lambertj
    lambertj Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I sure do, turkey chili:
    1 lb of 99% fat free ground turkey cooked and drained

1 can of organic light kidney beans
    2 cans of organic black beans
    2 cans of stewed tomatoes with zesty chilis
    1 green pepper chopped up
    1 large or two small onions chopped up
    1 pkg of chili mix
    Cheyenne pepper (i use a 1/2 a teaspoon)

Put it all in a crock pot and let cook all day on low
    Makes 10, one (1) cup servings

214 calories per cup
    28 carbs per cup
    2 grams of fat
    23 grams of protein

and I found these great soft Tortilla - they are from La Tortilla - Smart & Delicious™ Soft Wrap Minis (50 calories each), still somewhat hard to find at the grocery store so if you do find them buy a bunch and freeze them.
  • Kristieph
    Kristieph Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I usually have a some oatmeal wtih peaches in the AM
    Fage for a snack
    Sandwich (Today was a turkey bacon BLT) and fruits and veggies for lunch
    A lean protien and veggies for dinner
  • countryclubber
    Options
    a lot of my friends had 1200 as a calorie goal too and they had good results, ... i tried it and i lost some weight AT FIRST then everything slowly came back and actually gained a little .. it made me skip a period and feel icky. good luck to you , dont be afraid to up ur cals though either

thanks ....wonder why mfp has it as my calorie goal if it's so low...i know i cant workout like i did before b/c of my illness...maybe that's it.?

thank u :)
  • lmalaschak
    lmalaschak Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I like a lot of variety so I can't say I have a favorite way to use calories, but the best meal I made last week was Chicken Wild Rice Salad. Wild rice blend, diced chicken breast, grape halves, chopped celery, green onion, red bell pepper, dried cherries, and toasted pecans. We left out the pecans this time because we needed to stay under our calories. So delicious. You can also put some on a low carb tortilla. Mmm, I'm so making this again soon.
  • countryclubber
    Options
    I sure do, turkey chili:
    1 lb of 99% fat free ground turkey cooked and drained

1 can of organic light kidney beans
    2 cans of organic black beans
    2 cans of stewed tomatoes with zesty chilis
    1 green pepper chopped up
    1 large or two small onions chopped up
    1 pkg of chili mix
    Cheyenne pepper (i use a 1/2 a teaspoon)

Put it all in a crock pot and let cook all day on low
    Makes 10, one (1) cup servings

214 calories per cup
    28 carbs per cup
    2 grams of fat
    23 grams of protein

and I found these great soft Tortilla - they are from La Tortilla - Smart & Delicious™ Soft Wrap Minis (50 calories each), still somewhat hard to find at the grocery store so if you do find them buy a bunch and freeze them.

you rock! thank u! :)
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options

1200 is what mfp projected for me...but yes, i do have thyroid and addison's disease and am on 2 corticosteroids also...

but i see tons of ppl on mfp wth the 1200 cal per day restriction as suggested by mfp..

32 isnt old at all. that's a severe restriction and you can surely lose on more. i'd recommend 1500 for a while, at least until you stop losing and then reassess.
  • lmalaschak
    lmalaschak Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Oh and also, I'm on 1200 as well. It's ok for me at the moment!
  • countryclubber
    Options
    my favourite meal is baked sweet potato with tuna mayonnaise, lettuce, cucumber and red onion! comes in at about 310 calories and keeps me full up for 5 hours + :D i also LOVE oatcakes but they're about 50 calories each, they keep you full tho:) ps i think my diary is open if u wana have a look

oh great! thanks...do u add sweet potato wth the tuna salad??? or just a sweet potato and tuna salad lol cuz it sound delish separately :)
  • countryclubber
    Options
    I like a lot of variety so I can't say I have a favorite way to use calories, but the best meal I made last week was Chicken Wild Rice Salad. Wild rice blend, diced chicken breast, grape halves, chopped celery, green onion, red bell pepper, dried cherries, and toasted pecans. We left out the pecans this time because we needed to stay under our calories. So delicious. You can also put some on a low carb tortilla. Mmm, I'm so making this again soon.

omg...this sounds scrumptious! do u have the recipe/portions/calorie content?

thanks

and yeah...i see a lot of ppl on the1200 calories/day...i did hit a plateau but it's b/c i was going under my calories
  • countryclubber
    Options

32 isnt old at all. that's a severe restriction and you can surely lose on more. i'd recommend 1500 for a while, at least until you stop losing and then reassess.