is it enough?

Options
So i got really off track last week, but I decided this morning it was time to kick my butt back into gear!...

But here's the thing, when I started two weeks ago I was powerwalking for about 45 mins 5 days a week, but it got really boring! So today, I found the 30 day shred on my ondemand and started level one. I plan on doing it everyday, but I'm wondering if it's enough? I also found other videos I could do. Should I do them and if so does anyone have opinions on when I should do them?

Also does anyone recommend any good carb/protein/fat ratio? Right now I'm 55% carb, 20% protein, and 25% fat.

Replies

• SexySize9
    SexySize9 Posts: 43
    Options
    I have fit tv on demand as well, the best thing about it is you can mix it up and try them all. I like JM Boost your Metabolism that's a great work-out. I did this on Sunday, it was hard but it felt great. Afterward, I was able to do another 20 min on the treadmill.
  • Ileanak
    Ileanak Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I do all my training at the gym, or outside (cycling/walking)

Byt my ration is 40% protein, 35% carb and 25% fat

Good luck!

Ileana
  • jljohnson
    jljohnson Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    That depends on what you consider enough for you. I love that it combines cardio, strength training and abs, all in the short 25 minute workout. For me, it burned between 180 and 240 calories using 5 lb weights and, depending on the level I did and how hard I really tried. If that's enough calories for you, and you're not really into weight training (you will get some nice toning with the strength portion, though) then I'd say it's good enough. This was the only workout I did for 2 weeks, and actually got really good results. You could always alternate or supplement it with other videos. If you can't tell, I'm a big fan of the 30 Day Shred, so if you'd like more info, just let me know. Hope this helps.
  • staclo
    staclo Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    That's probably too many carbs and not enough protein, but it really depends on you and what you are doing for exercise. I know a lot about Shred, b/c I did it for a couple of months, but I am not knowledgeable enough to tell you about what your percentages should look like.

As far as whether or not Shred is enough for you...it's hard to say. Try it for a couple of weeks and see if it's what you are looking for. Like I said, I did it for a while. I did like it, but I decided that I wanted more. Also, I feel like it's kind of fakey...I don't know why, but some of the things that Jillian says bug me. But that's no reason not to do it; just a personal thing.

Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • TNYorker
    TNYorker Posts: 164
    Options
    Also, I feel like it's kind of fakey...I don't know why, but some of the things that Jillian says bug me. But that's no reason not to do it; just a personal thing.

:laugh: I thought I was the only one that felt that way. Love the workout, but I do know what you're talking about. :bigsmile:
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Also, I feel like it's kind of fakey...I don't know why, but some of the things that Jillian says bug me. But that's no reason not to do it; just a personal thing.

:laugh: I thought I was the only one that felt that way. Love the workout, but I do know what you're talking about. :bigsmile:

I thought *I* was the only one! haha too funny!
  • cassieohlaa
    Options
    So i changed my ratios to 50% carb, 30% protein, and 20%fat. Does that look better?
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    So i changed my ratios to 50% carb, 30% protein, and 20%fat. Does that look better?

That's probably a bit better than previous. Little less carb, more protein.

I have been doing 40%carb 30%protein and 30%fat.