pregnant..

Options
Im just wondering. i found out I'm pregnant should i put my calories to maintain my weight ?

Replies

• Lambiii
    Lambiii Posts: 321
    Options
    I'm not sure, but congratulations on your pregnancy :)
  • baybeecakes08
    Options
    thank you
  • mrseelmerfudd
    mrseelmerfudd Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    You are probably best speaking to your doctor. it is possible to lose weight while pregnant, but you need to ensure you are getting the correct amount of nutrients etc. congrats!
  • Cheer03451
    Cheer03451 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I think I remember hearing that you only need an extra 300 calories a day. So my guess would be maintain your weight plus the 300. Ask your doctor to be sure!
  • lagcrg
    lagcrg Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I just read a post similar to yours...change to maintenance until second trimester then go to gain 0.5 pound/week until third trimester then go to gain 1 pound/week...This will allow you better weight control but let your new baby grow the way he/she need to...and I would add to eat anything you crave, just do it in moderation, and remember to keep your body moving even if you slow down from where you were. Congrats on your new bundle!
  • starfairy411
    starfairy411 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    You should join the fit, fabulous and pregnant group on here, they have all of the guidelines and it's nice to have a bunch of pregnant ladies to give you support (since we all know about the hormonal eating!). Congrats!