Small but 1st Victory

Options
Hi Everyone,

Today is the end of my first week here, and I lost 1.5 lbs. YEAY!!! I know this is a teeny victory, but I can't tell you how many times I've tried to start a program to lose 20 lbs. that I recenty gained, and just wasn't able to. There was always an event, holiday, party, or any other kind of excuse. I finally made up my mind when I reached by personal "max" weight, and decided to join MFP and really log my food and see exactly what I'm doing...no excuses!
So this 1.5 lbs. marks a positive outcome that leads me to know I will do it this time....hence my log in name!!

Thanks to everyone for so generously sharing your stories and pictures. I'm finding them very inspirational. I hope to share my pics one day soon. :smile:

Replies

• ckdub428
    ckdub428 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    great job! Keep logging in and using the diary and you will do great!
  • 0AmyMarie0
    Options
    Congratulations, any loss is a victory! Keep up the good work :)
  • hk2008
    hk2008 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Congratulation!!! That is a great start!!
  • Jesea
    Jesea Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Woo-hoo! What is that saying? "A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step?" I have 26 lbs to go...we can do this! Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • TurtleRunnerNC
    TurtleRunnerNC Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. Wishing you many more small victories.
  • cadams0715
    Options
    Great job! Those small victories add up fast!
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    The small victories get you closer to your ultimate goal! Every one counts!

Congrats on the loss! Keep up the good work!
  • rattler0812
    rattler0812 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Woo-hoo! What is that saying? "A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step?" I have 26 lbs to go...we can do this! Feel free to add me as a friend.

Someone shared that proverb with me some time ago. So very true. But he added one additional statement of his own: watch your step. One victory after another. They will pile up to mean a great win when you hit your target weight. Keep it up. But watch your step. Just as before, those parties and socials can cause you to stumble. But you'll do great. You have done awesome so far. Keep it going!!!
  • RenaPink11
    RenaPink11 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Every victory is a victory no matter how small! Congrats! You CAN do this!
  • 11hammicks
    Options
    This is about the end of my first week too (well beginning of 2nd) and I've lost 1 pound! Slow but at least it's moving, and not much I can do with the food here at college.
  • SuccessThisTime
    SuccessThisTime Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! You are the most supportive group ever! I am inspired to keep going and get to my 1st goal of -20 lbs.

Much success to all of you too!:love:

P.S. Happy Valentine's Day
  • SuccessThisTime
    SuccessThisTime Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    All I can say is hang in there! Keep doing what you need to do and the weight WILL come off! Best of luck!
  • cvanbeek
    cvanbeek Posts: 107
    Options
    great job!
  • glennam1
    glennam1 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Still a VICTORY...YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!
  • good2bthaking
    good2bthaking Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    nice job, one day at a time and before you know it , you will be where you want to be.Keep up the great work!!
  • Mishy
    Mishy Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! :flowerforyou: Keep up the great work!
  • Peach327
    Peach327 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! :flowerforyou: I am trying to lose the last 15, yet again. We can do this!!
  • kathyc609
    kathyc609 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Wishing u much success!
  • ktbruyere
    Options
    Hooray! Great job. I personally am putting every pound lost into a win column. Keep it up!
  • mboutselis
    mboutselis Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Great job!! Every little bit counts! Keep up with MFP and you'll get there! This is a great support system.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!