Low cal sushi ideas

Options
Going out tomorrow to a sushi buffet. What are some great low cal dishes? I'm allergic to tree nuts, a few fruits, and can't eat wheat. Thx

Replies

• granolagrl85
    Options
    Bump
  • cowgirlslikeus86
    cowgirlslikeus86 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Eat the Sashimi (Google images) without the rice. Raw salmon,tuna and shrimp are semi low caloried fishes.

A couple days ago I made sashimi with, 9.5 oz. raw salmon / 1.5 cups prepaired white rice and it was oooo sooo yummy. It was like 900 calories but I got about 20 pieces out of it. I also ground up ginger and put it in 2 tbl. low sodium soy for my dipping sauce.

Each Sashimi has about .5 oz. salmon or tuna on it. so if you you eat 5 whole ones and 5 without the rice it's probably around 500 calories.

Edited to say : Salmon has more calories in it then the Ahi Tuna. Check the Calori count in the database.
  • jennsteff
    Options
    Avoid the sushi (fish with rice) and eat the Sashimi (just fish) - or, if they only have sushi, just eat the fish, leave the rice behind. Grab some veggies if they have'em. I don't hold back on eating as much raw fish as I want - brilliant protein, brain food, oils...and while some fish are more mercury-laden, if you're only doing this once in a while I wouldn't worry too much about it. You really can only stuff so much in, so by avoiding the rice, the fish alone will typically not put you in any sort of crazy calorie range. Use the ginger and wasabi and soy to jazz it up!

My favorites are Albacore (tuna), Ahi (tuna), Yellowfin (tuna); Hotate (scallops). Salmon is ok too, though not my fave raw (even tho I live in Seattle!). Try some new things and have fun!

p.s. I've been known to put my food scale in my purse and weigh out my protein at the restaurant, subtley. Yep, I did that. ;)
  • granolagrl85
    Options
    Thanks for everyone's suggestions. I don't eat seafood. I still managed to be under calories by eating fruit terryaki chicken.