If I go over my allotted sugar but stay within my calories..

I have been on MFP for awhile now and have lost weight using it, but have recently stopped. I am sure this has been posted before but I was wondering if I go over my allotted my sugar amount but stay within my calories is this going to prevent me from losing weight?! I am never over by a lot but I use whey protein and sometime slim fast shakes and they have a lot of sugar. I was wondering what you guys have found works or doesn't....Thanks for your help!

Replies

• angel_north
    angel_north Posts: 51 Member
    It seems that everything has sugar these days. I also go over on my sugar and have found with myself on the days that I stay within my sugars I drop a pound. Also I have noticed that if I shake you my diet and not have the same things day in and day out it helps If you use the shakes have them in the morning a few hours before a major workout and just before you work out and afterwards big time protien... Might work but hard to say since everyone is so different...
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,420 MFP Moderator
    I have been on MFP for awhile now and have lost weight using it, but have recently stopped. I am sure this has been posted before but I was wondering if I go over my allotted my sugar amount but stay within my calories is this going to prevent me from losing weight?! I am never over by a lot but I use whey protein and sometime slim fast shakes and they have a lot of sugar. I was wondering what you guys have found works or doesn't....Thanks for your help!

Dont worry about the sugar numbers. It doesn't change even if you alter your calories. Besides, if you are under your carbs, and sugars are a carb, you would be under on your sugars.

How many calories are you eating? Are you exercising? If so, do you eat some of them back?
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Sugar could have something to do with it, but it wouldn't be the first thing I look for.

My questions to you are:
    1. Are you drinking plenty of water?
    2. Do you get enough protein? Usually 30% of your daily calories is a good starting point.
    3. Do you eat enough in general?
  • I get about 1300 a day, but I am training for my second half marathon so I am running a lot and working out a lot. I do eat my exercise calories. I know you need to have your body recover the right way. I was just wondering how much going over the other totals had on dieting. I drink a lot of water, I am always thirsty and carry a nalgene with me almost 90% of the time.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,420 MFP Moderator
    I get about 1300 a day, but I am training for my second half marathon so I am running a lot and working out a lot. I do eat my exercise calories. I know you need to have your body recover the right way. I was just wondering how much going over the other totals had on dieting. I drink a lot of water, I am always thirsty and carry a nalgene with me almost 90% of the time.
    how do you calculate calories burned? Also if you can make your diary public we can look at it.