HRM

Options
Looking for suggestions on what to look for in a heart rate monitor?? Brands, prices, etc.

Never had one but, am thinking about getting one.

Replies

• fozzie500
    fozzie500 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    personally i recommend polar hrm,never used any other makes but friends have and they always complain about them.
    They are a great motivational tool as it's great to see results for your hard work.bit of research on the internet will help you decide which model you want.
  • ce_fit
    ce_fit Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    A great site to do some research on HRM's is http://www.heartmonitors.com/
    I originally purchased a timex ironman which has worked great but did not require age, sex or weight to be entered therefore results maybe off as a result.
  • mmsilvia
    mmsilvia Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Thank you!! I will look into both of those. Any idea on about how much they are?? Do they sell used ones?? Is this something I should by new??
  • jsflare
    Options
    I ordered mine off of ebay yesterday brand new in box, Polar F24 pink and purple HRM it was $79.99 and free shipping, so I hope it works well, we will see, I always check ebay or amazon for cheaper prices!!!
  • Minnie_Moo
    Minnie_Moo Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Don't know if this will help you any but...........Here is a link that was posted in another thread with a lot of information on HRM's. Also, I would suggest getting one with a chest strap as they are better to calculate an accurate HR.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Azdak/view/the-real-facts-about-hrms-and-calories-what-you-need-to-know-before-purchasing-an-hrm-or-using-one-21472

I purchased a Polar FT40 last year from heartratemonitorsusa dot com to replace my old Polar (which didn't calculate calories burned) and I :heart: the FT40.

You can search the internet for specials and lowest prices if you are shopping for any HRM on sites like heart rate monitors usa , Amazon, sporting stores, ebay, etc.

Also, search for online codes so that you can take advantage of any additional savings :wink: