what is eating clean???/

Options

Replies

• sizzle92
    sizzle92 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    For *me* it is eating more fresh fruits and veggies and less processed foods.
  • oucory
    Options
    It means eating healthy foods. Not 2000 calories of Pizza, Candy, Ribeyes and hotdogs. Instead eat 2000 calories of "clean food" such as whole oats, skinless chicken breast, lean sirloin steak, lean ground beef, brown rice instead of white, egg whites etc.. Hope that helps
  • denise_earheart
    Options
    It means eating healthy foods. Not 2000 calories of Pizza, Candy, Ribeyes and hotdogs. Instead eat 2000 calories of "clean food" such as whole oats, skinless chicken breast, lean sirloin steak, lean ground beef, brown rice instead of white, egg whites etc.. Hope that helps

yep thank you :-)
  • luckygirl007
    luckygirl007 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    organic whenever possible. Non processed, no preservative whole food. Requires more preparation and cooking. Look at it this way...if your grandmother (great-grandmother) never heard of it or recognizes it ..don't eat it!

So many dressings and marinades can be made fresh. Experiment with seasonings and herbs. Sounds like work but it can be fun and now there are so many books to teach us how to eat cleaner.
  • MDWilliams1857
    MDWilliams1857 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Easy way to look at it. If a food can't go bad, its not good for you, if it can go bad, its good for you.

I dont always eat that way though. Just depends on your goals. In terms of weight loss, eating clean doesnt lose anymore weight than not eating clean. 2000 calories of baked fish is the same as 2000 calories of M and Ms. Obviously in terms of overall health the Fish is the better option.
  • Muslimah1218
    Muslimah1218 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    How do you get ur fitness tracker thing like you guys have it?
  • firedragon064
    firedragon064 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Wash all your food before you eat/cook. (J/K)
  • enginerd81
    Options
    It means something different to everybody and is probably more of a catch phrase for somebody to sell you on their ideals.

But if you asked me how I defined it - I'd say it was eating things with less ingredients and less processing.

Bryan
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Wash all your food before you eat/cook. (J/K)

^^^This!
    Including Pizza, Chips, Ribeye etc.....

A good rule of thumb to keep your sanity....Eat 90% good foods and 10% rubbish.
    So if im eating 2k daily then 200cals of that can be whatever I want as long as it fits into my macronutrients.
  • spngebobmyhero
    spngebobmyhero Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    For me it is eating food as close to its natural state as possible. I cook things from their fresh state and shop mostly from the outside part of the grocery store. I do buy some canned goods (coconut milk, tomatoes, chicken broth) and frozen veggies and fruits.