GNC trip this weekend

Options
I know I have seen post workout drinks for recovery but are there before workout drinks to give you energy?????? how healthy are these???? I am making a trip to GNC what is everyone taking from GNC??? recommendations for me??

Replies

• addisondisease2
    addisondisease2 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    GNC is over priced, even if you go on their sale week, with a gold card you are still only paying a normal price instead of a deal.

Check amazon and Vitamin shoppe, they are usually better priced.

I like assualt as my prework out, tried jack3d and it left me too hyper even hours after, with a bad crash. GNC does have a product called ravage i think that has a nice buzz and no crash.
  • denise_earheart
    Options
    GNC is over priced, even if you go on their sale week, with a gold card you are still only paying a normal price instead of a deal.

I like assualt as my prework out, tried jack3d and it left me too hyper even hours after, with a bad crash. GNC does have a product called ravage i think that has a nice buzz and no crash.

K ya we do shop Amazon a lot!!!
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options

Yea GNC is crazy. I never shop there.

My favorite preworkout is coffee
  • natalie2355
    natalie2355 Posts: 93 Member
    Options

<3 me too!
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options

This! And Banana!
  • denise_earheart
    Options

<3 me too!

oookkkk I love coffee so I will stick with that... how about post workout for recovery??? I have noticed I get really sick after a workout
  • tacticalhippie
    tacticalhippie Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Most powder preworkouts have caffeine.
    A lot of them are on "hotbuy". Theres also the sports bogo.
    I like jack3d because its not fizzy. Black powder is, not sure about n.o. explode. The amp NO Loaded is really chalky.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Post workout you can have a shake or rfeal food. Personal preference. I never have a post workout shake, I just make it a meal
  • Sunshine_Girlie
    Sunshine_Girlie Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Beyond the overpricing of GNC, most of the people working there have NO idea what they are talking about.
  • XtinaMich
    Options
    I usually do a whey isolate protein shake post-workout. For pre-workout I just try to eat something (i.e. oatmeal, grilled chicken, tuna) about 30 min before so I have some energy but nothing too heavy that will make me tired. :)
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    Post workout you can have a shake or rfeal food. Personal preference. I never have a post workout shake, I just make it a meal

This. I make my post workout dinner (since I workout at night). Before the gym I have a granola bar or piece of fruit and then try to have a good dose of protein with a healthy dinner. And lots of water - that could also be the reason you're feeling yuck after a workout, you need to rehydrate.
  • bevskiwolf
    bevskiwolf Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Wow I feel blessed. I love our GNC manager here in Rehoboth. He's amazing and wheels and deals and works all kind of magic for us. We buy more but the prices drop so dramatically we wind up with completely free cases and tubs of protein powder.

My favorite product is Lean On the Go shakes. They are all delish. Strawberry is my favorite followed by vanilla, then chocolate. Yum!
  • addisondisease2
    Options
    Beyond the overpricing of GNC, most of the people working there have NO idea what they are talking about.

haha THIS!

A girl working there gave me a Vitamin C chewy sample, after 30 seconds she asks "can you feel it working?" I had no words for her.
  • kristie_cla
    kristie_cla Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I really like Muscle Fuel from Advocare. You take it 15-30 minutes before exercise and I personally can tell a difference in my energy level throughout the workout. :o)
  • addisondisease2
    Options
    I like an ECA stack, about 15¢ per serving, amazing focus, awesome energy, no crash.