Too much protein

Options
Ok, so I'm kind of new to this, but I consistently keep going over my protein levels. Usually, when I exercise it will take the red numbers off my protein and replace it with red. But, I don't always get to exercise every day. Is too much protein going to keep me from losing?

Replies

• techigirl78
    techigirl78 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    MFP typically sets protein at 15% which is on the low side. It is good to go over. I changed my settings to 25% protein and try to meet that level.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    too many calories is the only thing that will keep you from losing
  • Jingram2b
    Options
    too many calories is the only thing that will keep you from losing

This is very true (on a macro level). Calories in vs. calories out.

To be more specific, we'd need a lot more information. But chances are that you're not in any danger of taking in too much protein. In fact, the opposite is probably true.
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    Too much protein will not make you struggle. Not enough protein could! ;)
    Change your goals manually to have at least 30% protein, if not more. Will make those annoying reds go away, especially if you're always under calories!
  • Kelekat
    Kelekat Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    MFP typically sets protein at 15% which is on the low side. It is good to go over. I changed my settings to 25% protein and try to meet that level.

How do you do that?
  • ladybug3232
    Options
    Yes, I am usually over my protein level but well under my fat, carbs and calorie levels. Really strange, I thought. But I would try what you said. Thanks!
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options

How do you do that?
    I would like to know this as well. I looked all over settings. Currently my cat is eating more protein that I have "suggested".
  • sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    From your main page, click Goals and select "custom" and change it to what you want.:flowerforyou:
  • ladybug3232
    Options
    I meant that it replaces the red numbers with green if I exercise.
  • ladybug3232
    Options
    Thanks for the help again. I just changed it. No more annoying red numbers