can the scale REALLY know that????

Options
Ok, so here's a question... the scales that claim to know body fat, water %, etc...how accurate are they? how can this thing on my floor really know what y body fat and water level is just by me standing on it?
Can someone please tell me HOW it works, IF it works, or if it is just a load of crap....

Thank you!!!

Replies

• BlueEyesXoXo
    Options
    Bump. I've been wondering this as well.
  • staceywtucaz
    staceywtucaz Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    bump
  • tmoyer1209
    tmoyer1209 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I have one that claims to know all that stuff. I went and got my BF% done and it was off by 17%! LOL! Luckily I have lower body fat than my scale said or I would have passed out!
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    http://www.sport-fitness-advisor.com/bodyfatscales.html

This website offers a pretty good explanation.
  • Gabriall
    Gabriall Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    more of a guide than anything else, and I believe they use a very small electric current to measure resistance between point to point, hence the bare feet on individual plates....though I am completely willing to bow to somebody with actual knowledge rather than my own guess :)
  • cip1
    cip1 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    my apparently sends a tiny electric signal through the body - the speed it returns, depends on the amount of fat & water percentage. I had to enter my age, hight, sex & something else to my profile, so I guess that's taken into account.
  • ChrisWag
    ChrisWag Posts: 169
    Options
    my apparently sends a tiny electric signal through the body - the speed it returns, depends on the amount of fat & water percentage. I had to enter my age, hight, sex & something else to my profile, so I guess that's taken into account.

Yes, I had to program all that in as well, I just keep wondering how accurate it is.....