Anyone feeling a 100 calorie chocolate cupcake?

Options
I love chocolate cake, I crave it like crazy. Valentines day coming up just made me want it more. So I decided to make myself a d*** cupcake!

I prefer things baked from scratch but I am a college student so I use what I have around. I had a box of devils food cake mix around so rather than "3 eggs and 1/3 cup oil," I just added 2 eggs and 2/3 cup 0% Greek yogurt and a few extra tablespoons of dark chocolate cocoa. Doing this saves about 600 calories in the whole recipe. if you make 24 cupcakes out of this, each one has about 100 calories.

I also bought some chocolate frosting (hey, single girl around Valentines day) and topped my cupcake with 1 tablespoon of chocolate frosting (another 60 calories.)

Chocolate cake fix for 160 calories? I think YES.

Using this same idea with the Greek yogurt, I edited my favorite pumpkin muffin recipe that my mom makes down from about 200 calories per muffin to exactly 100 calories per muffin. The result was an amazing, moist cinnamon oatmeal pumpkin muffin, full of vitamin A, fiber, and about 4 grams of protein EACH! Let me know if you want the recipe.

Replies

• lkmais
    Options
    I am just like you and LOVE chocolate cake. I found a recipe on here called 3-2-1 cake which is really good too and it is only 100 calories as well. You buy a box of angel food cake and any other type of cake you want and mix them up. Then you take 3 TBS of that, 2 TBS of water and microwave it for a minute :)
  • emcurry11
    Options
    yum on the cinamon oatmeal pumpkin muffin... yes post the recipe