Haven't lost a single LB in 20 days!

Options
Ok I am not sure what is going on! I am eating better (still have occasional cheat items within my calories) and exercising regularly doing the 30 day shred and I have not lost a single LB in 20 days and have only lost 4inches and gained .8lbs! :sad: I’m getting very frustrated my goal date is nearing and I’m seeing only tiny changes (the 4inches) I feel like with still having about 25lbs too lose on a 5’1 frame I should be losing something!!? Any suggestions on what is up? Or something I can do?

Replies

• myltlisa24
    myltlisa24 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Ok I am not sure what is going on! I am eating better (still have occasional cheat items within my calories) and exercising regularly doing the 30 day shred and I have not lost a single LB in 20 days and have only lost 4inches and gained .8lbs! :sad: I’m getting very frustrated my goal date is nearing and I’m seeing only tiny changes (the 4inches) I feel like with still having about 25lbs too lose on a 5’1 frame I should be losing something!!? Any suggestions on what is up? Or something I can do?

What about your diary - what does it look like?
  • badgerbadger1
    badgerbadger1 Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Open your diary.
  • yeremeyeva
    Options
    could those occasional cheat items be preveting you from losing your weight?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    Change your exercise. Your body is used to the workout.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    No idea.
    3975e394-2725-42e0-9f32-c27bf42ea7dc.jpg
  • papastu
    papastu Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    least your not gaining, but I bet your a lot fitter and healthier on the inside

Stu

:happy:
  • funkycamper
    funkycamper Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    You lost 4" and you're upset because the scale hasn't budged? Gosh, I've only lost 1# since Christmas but I went down a pant size and I was ecstatic. Who cares what the scale says as long as you're getting smaller/losing inches? If I looked good in a size 6, I wouldn't care if I weighed 300#.

My advice? Ditch the scale.
  • peachNpunkin
    peachNpunkin Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Your more than likely building a bit of muscle. Muscle weighs more that fat. That is probably why you arent losing wt, but inches. Be happy. Your losing something.
  • TNoire
    TNoire Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    I did a topic on plateau's

sounds like you hit one

Ive had the longest at 6 months

take a read

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/387166-questions-about-weight-loss-plateau-s-why-do-they-happen-w
  • kittuk86
    kittuk86 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    inch loss is more visible than number loss. I haven't lost a single lb since 4 months but iv gone from L to M

ditch the scale.
  • lilqtwbotkam3
    lilqtwbotkam3 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your input I will keep trucking through and accept my 4inch as a success which I def do don't misunderstand that it makes me happy : ) looks like i might stay off the scale for awhile and I just got my HRM which should help a ton!
  • Coco_Puff
    Coco_Puff Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Be sure to keep up with your measurements. They will never lie to you, but the scale will. It can happen from salt intake and you're holding water, when you eat red meat, even cold meds. will cause you to hold water. And don't forget about you're time of the month! How you look and feel is what you show the world, not the number on the scale!!! Keep up the good work!!!