Laughing Cow Cheese

Options
Well, I am a really big cheese lover...In several of the posts on here, I have noticed people refer to Laughing Cow Cheese. Is it 'better' for you than regular cheese?

What is the best way to eat it?

Thanks
ps...I am new to mfp & really liking it. :)

Replies

• shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    Options
    I think it's like 35 calories a wedge which makes it a nice treat.
    Eat it with a servicing of crackers or some fruit
    Darn, I'm hungry now. .
  • spngebobmyhero
    spngebobmyhero Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Like the other user said, it is low calorie and makes a good, quick snack. I like the blue cheese, but I don't really know what to eat it with because I don't eat gluten! Guess I can just eat it alone :)
  • marcenepea
    marcenepea Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I like the light swiss, yummy. Just by itself its yummy and low calorie
  • alidav12345
    Options
    I think it is awesome for 35 calories and the variety is great. My favorite thing to do is get hungry girl flatout bread you can have s full flatout for 100 calories or 1/2 for 50 calories. I toast it in toaster oven, then if I am using full size flatout I spread a entire wedge on flatbread they are all good. with half just use half the wedge. Then I add either slices of honey turkey lunchmeat or grilled chicken. It is sooo good especially if you have special k cracker chips sea salt or southwest ranch and 2 tbsp of tomatillo salsa. Yum!

Also, the garlic and herb cheese is great with baby carrots, which it gets me to eat more baby carrots then I normally would.
  • Lina300
    Lina300 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    It is very soft so I use it as a spread in place of mayo on my tomato sandwiches. Yummy.
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    Laughing cow is AH-MAZING
  • brittanidigby
    brittanidigby Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I usually have it with some type of crackers or celery.
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    i buy the light and it's so creamy... i eat it on it's own!
  • briyowes
    briyowes Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    Also, if you shop at Aldi's they have their brand called Happy Farms, it's less expensive and it is only 25 calories per wedge. I like to spread it on a toasted slice of Healthy Life Bread and sprinkle it with Garlic & Herb Mrs. Dash. Yummy!
  • MsBaby117
    MsBaby117 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    LOVE-LOVE-LOVE Laughing Cow Cheese...I usually have it with Special K multi-grain crackers...It's one of my favorite low calorie snacks! :happy:
  • Like the other user said, it is low calorie and makes a good, quick snack. I like the blue cheese, but I don't really know what to eat it with because I don't eat gluten! Guess I can just eat it alone :)

I would think you could eat it with rice cakes- I don't think those have gluten.

Laughing Cow cheese is amazing on rice cakes, egg white omelets, toast, crackers and more :) My particular favorites are : Light French Onion Soup, Light Chipotle, Light Blue Cheese, Light Mozzarella & Sun Dried Tomato and Light Creamy Swiss
  • amandaew83
    amandaew83 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I love the Garden Herb (35cals) spread on 7 reduced fat Triscuts (120 cals). So yummy and filling!!!!
  • trachnurse
    Options
    Laughing cow light is really great on rice crackers! My favourite snack.
  • Jesea
    Jesea Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I like it with a 1/4 c of egg beaters and a 100 cal mini bagel or English muffin for breakfast :)
  • KathyWel
    KathyWel Posts: 140
    Options
    I put it on my bagel thins, yummy.....
  • snorktharpe
    snorktharpe Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    its spreadable so you can have it on some crackers- i just use reduced fat ritz or townhouse crackers- those are like 60 calories for 5 or 6 crackers depending... its a nice lo cal snack. i also like babybel mild cheddar which is 60 calories and alouette spinach artichoke dip is wonderful- 2 tbs are 70 calories... if you like cheese, these are my favorites :) good luck
  • JamCubeChi
    JamCubeChi Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Really good-my favorite is the lite swiss- I spread it on a rice cracker, top that with homey smoked turkey breast (Oscar Mayer), top that with salsa & enjoy. Give it a try.:smile:
  • splashangel
    splashangel Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    And weight watcher's has a few also. I love there white chedder and the jalapeno is good also. As for laughing cow.....Ooman is the Queso Fresco & Chipotle good. Makes celery come alive.
  • ClascyParra
    Options
    Laughing cow wedges are fabulous! I use it thinned out with a little skim milk in my tuna fish, with Blue Diamond Almond Rice crackers, on ezekiel bread when making a sandwich (in place of mayo), with any veggies to snack on and I tried Hungry Girl's recipe for fettucine using laughing cow and shirataki noodles....delish!!!!
  • Marianna194
    Marianna194 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    yes!! It's absolutely delicious and you can use it in just about anything. You can cook with it, although it's kinda hard- you;de have to melt it first, or you can just eat it out of the wrapper.