Mellow mushroom- what to order?!

Options
My boyfriend is taking me out to eat at the Mellow Mushroom for Valentine's Day tomorrow (a new one opened nearby so it's kind of a big deal). I have NO CLUE what to order. They have their nutrition info online, and I'm currently reading the facts for every.single.choice. because I don't know what to get that's healthy, but still enjoyable and won't make him think I'm a totally obsessed health nut (which I am, but still). My requirements are:
Whole wheat or whole grain (no white bread) if there is bread involved
Very low fat, preferably not all saturated
Amount of carbs should be very near, equal to or less than the amount of protein. (Ergo: high-protein)
Pretty low-calorie so I can still eat some Valentine's Day chocolate, of course!
Help me!

Replies

• Kendrawinn
    Options
    Is Mellow mushroom a pizza resturant?
  • benjamin171
    benjamin171 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    get the mega veggie without cheese.
  • kekl
    kekl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I don't know the menu but I'd get maybe a salad and then have a slice or two of pizza? Do thin crust/whole grain with lean meats, light on the cheese and lots of veggies.
  • kittyninja
    Options
    Is Mellow mushroom a pizza resturant?

Yes, they also have salads, hoagies, etc
  • Kendrawinn
    Options
    I have been wanting to go there. There is one here in Ft. W. but it looks like you can order almost anything how you want it ( build your own) But I would deff order a salad before you have anything else, that way your half full before you get pizza, hoagie or whatever. But I prob would do pizza with lots of veggies.
    Have fun!
  • alorick
    alorick Posts: 194
    Options
    I always get the capri salad, which is a tomato slice with fresh mozzarella and some sort of dressing, and the house calzone. The calzones are HUGE, so DH and I usually split one.
  • kittyninja
    Options
    Surprisingly, the Chicken Parmesan Hoagie half is very close to my requirements... hmmm.
    I would feel like crap if I order a pizza and only eat one slice. My bf probably wouldn't like what I order and wouldn't finish it for me, so I'd be pressured to eat more. No bueno date manners.
    Maybe I'll just stick with a salad.