Replies

• bermequeen
    bermequeen Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I love the garlic herb as well....
  • TiffyC828
    TiffyC828 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Love laughing cow cheese! I just had a wedge of swiss with some special k crackers :) Enjoy!!
  • xMedullaOblongatax
    Options
    I like to spread a wedge on Nature's Own bagel thins. So tasty!!!
  • crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    It's good mixed in anything that needs a little creamy texture to it....eat it on a baked potato...stirred into hot brown rice...mixed in with okra gumbo....a bowl of tomato soup....I like the fact that it is premeasured into 35 calories because if I have big bag or block or cheese I won't control how much I get out and eat, but I can control wedge. It IS expensive though. :( I like to spread it on a flatout bread for a snack....with onion..yum......
  • skywa
    skywa Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    it taste good and its low calorie. i use it in my stuffed chicken :D
  • my_username_was_taken
    Options
    I use it on carrots and celery as well as whole wheat crackers. I put the cream chees one on my bagel thins or light englis muffin. I often use the garlic and herb, swiss, or chipotle ones as a spread for my wrap sanwhiches. I love all of them. I use the french onion one as a "dip" for my light potato chips. sometimes I slice it up a bit and put in in an omlet, I have put it on a baked potato. I keep every flavor in the house. now, I also found a strawberry cream cheese flavor. I have not tried that one yet but will be getting it soon!

I kind of feel like sam i am - I will heat LC here I will ea LC there I will eat LC anywhere - and on anything!

I have to be careful not to eat all of them all day - I love them.
  • 11Jayme11
    11Jayme11 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I buy the Light Swiss, and love it. I use it in cooking, on crackers, veggies, and recentaly.. on light wheat toast with some thin deli ham, makes a killer sandwich! Also good on Bagel thins!
  • 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    Laughing cow light on a spelt cake mmmmmm (like a rice cake but low carb)
  • DRJJ2004
    DRJJ2004 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Love, love, love the stuff!!! I use it on my bagel thin when I'm making an egg sandwich. I use it as a dip for pretzels. I use it on my wrap with chicken ham or turkey...or even in my sandwich. Love it!!! I go through quite a bit of it. :O)
  • cotaylor12
    Options
    Oh, I get the light garlic herb cheese, then I put it on a Wasa Crisp with low-sodium deli chicken or turkey slice with a slice of tomato.....then if I am feeling really sassy, I put some avocado on it....super tasty! 126 calories for 2 crackers sharing one cheese wedge with the chicken....add 58 calories for 1/4 an avocado....super great snack or lunch
  • bjfrezell
    Options
    I love it with egg beaters. It's also good on crackers or spread on a sandwich with turkey instead of mayo.
  • mprao
    mprao Posts: 1
    Options
    Try it with 1/2 cup of egg whites almost cooked (with salt and pepper ) then add a wedge of laughing cow (I like queso fresco chipotle ) and 1/2 serving of turkey lunch meat. I cook it all in the microwave. First the eggs for 30 sec to 1 min. Then add cheese and turkey for another 30 sec. It's really good. My kids say that they could eat it every day. Got the recipe from "Hungry Girl - 300 under 300" cookbook . It has great recipes and all under 300. Good luck
  • elcieloesazul
    elcieloesazul Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Just had the garlic and herb kind on some Wheat Thins post-workout. :smile:
  • kimmieyr1
    Options
    Wow! I did not know! I will be checking out Aldi's! Thanks!
  • valse53
    Options
    I like the lite Laughing Cow. It is 35 calories and I just love to slice an apple and spread alillte on each slice. yummy
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    I eat the Laughing Cow Mini Babybel cheeses for snacks between classes (or during the ones I'm about to pass out in). The mini babybels are 70 calories per, so they're great pick-me-ups versus when the vending machine taunts you with goldfish crackers or candy bars.
  • gaylelynnbell
    gaylelynnbell Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Love Laughing Cow! LC Wedge on a Western Alternative Bagel = Bagel and Cream Cheese substitute for only 145 calories total!
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Like the other user said, it is low calorie and makes a good, quick snack. I like the blue cheese, but I don't really know what to eat it with because I don't eat gluten! Guess I can just eat it alone :)

Spread the cheese on celery, apple, even bananas for a sweet treat, or on a slice of low sodium ham or turkey breast slice. Roll it and enjoy it!
  • Allie_71
    Allie_71 Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    This is a popular soup in France, a lot of moms serve it to their little guys but it has universal appeal :)

1 onion , finely sliced
    2 lbs zucchini , chopped (if substituting broccoli or cauliflower use 4 generous cups, chopped)
    2 cups chicken stock (or water or vegetable stock)
    salt and pepper (to season)
    1 pinch cumin (optional)
    4 ounces vache qui rit Laughing Cow cheese (or Boursin or cream cheese)
    Directions:

Put the zucchini and onion in a medium saucepan and add chicken stock. (The stock will not cover the vegetables.) Add salt and pepper, to taste, and cumin, if using.

Bring to a boil then lower heat and simmer until vegetables are tender, approximately 10 to 15 minutes.

Remove from heat, add cheese and puree. (An immersion blender works well and keeps dishes to a minimum.).
  • pspetralia
    pspetralia Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Like the other user said, it is low calorie and makes a good, quick snack. I like the blue cheese, but I don't really know what to eat it with because I don't eat gluten! Guess I can just eat it alone :)

Have you tried Nut Thins? They are crackers by Blue Diamond and are gluten free because they are made out of nuts. You can have 16 to 17 for 140 calories.