Hello, Staci here

Options
Hi, My name is Staci and I am kinda new here. I joined either in 2007 or 2008 and didn't do much with it. Well, I'm back. I am really trying to stay focused on this journey of mine, I just hope I have the self-discipline to do it. Lot of great topics here.

Replies

• BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Hi, My name is Staci and I am kinda new here. I joined either in 2007 or 2008 and didn't do much with it. Well, I'm back. I am really trying to stay focused on this journey of mine, I just hope I have the self-discipline to do it. Lot of great topics here.

Hi Staci, and welcome to THE best site on the web! :flowerforyou:
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it! :wink:
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off! :noway:
    Don't go making the mistake that if you have LOTS of numbers left at the end of the day that you'll lose even faster, because that DOESN'T happen. Feel free to read any info about the site in the "help" section at the top of the home page. And also, under "all topics", then "general", and check out the first few threads. They'll really help you understand how MFP works. :smile:
    Before coming here, I had tried just about EVERYTHING out there, including hypnosis, TWICE, and nothing really worked until MFP! :love:
    Also, drink LOTS of water, it REALLY DOES help! :drinker:
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    Hi, Staci!! :bigsmile:
    Glad you are here. I LOVE MFP :love:
    If you are a "recommitter" in the month of JUNE, check out JUNE STARTERS :happy: Awesome group!!!
    I really wish you all the blessings in the world to reach your goals!!! :wink:
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    Don't go making the mistake that if you have LOTS of numbers left at the end of the day that you'll lose even faster, because that DOESN'T happen ...

I remember watching those "if every day were like today" notices and thinking ... that so didn't happen :laugh:! Ah, the memories ...

Keep it real, work the system, and you'll do great!
  • startingnew09
    Options
    Hi! You are off to the right start, I myself have had to find the self-will to lose this weight! I wish you the best of luck on your journey!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever. You will love it here. I do. This site is so supportive, motivational, helpful, easy to use, and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to wish you a lot of success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • StaciGirten
    StaciGirten Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for all the welcomes. I have 2 questions, I am sure the answers are on here but I haven't found them. First, how do you get your ticker on your post. 2. At the end of the day when it says that I have 324 calories left, after I put in the exercise, is it recommending that I eat that many more calories or is it saying that I saved that many calories. I'm so confused. Thanks in advance.
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for all the welcomes. I have 2 questions, I am sure the answers are on here but I haven't found them. First, how do you get your ticker on your post. 2. At the end of the day when it says that I have 324 calories left, after I put in the exercise, is it recommending that I eat that many more calories or is it saying that I saved that many calories. I'm so confused. Thanks in advance.

You'll find the answers to both of your questions in both the help section at the top, and also under general topics, which is under all topics. :smile: