Am I not eating enough??

Options
Okay, so when I work out...I usually don't eat back my calories for that workout. This is simply because I just don't eat a whole lot of food. My day mostly consists of fruits and veggies and protein, but all in small portions and throughout the day. I'm never really hungry. I don't let myself get hungry, because that will just end up slowing down your metabolism. At the end of the day though, when I calculate all of my food and add it all up, I'm still not eating enough for the MFP. It tells me that I'm not eating enough, but I get so full so fast....I just don't eat a lot. So am I doing something wrong? I log on a lot on my phone, and for some reason that doesn't translate onto the computer so I try and log on more on here now...(actually I just started today on the computer). But it's always the same....I always have about 200-600 calories left in a day when I work out.

8009830.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    Could be, but if you're not hungry, you'll make yourself sick trying to force more food down your throat! Perhaps you could find some higher calorie foods, with healthy fats to help make up some of the gap?

I started on my phone too! Only just started using it on the computer about 2 weeks ago.
  • Nigerianebony
    Nigerianebony Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    There are many factors you should take into consideration:

1. Are you losing weight?
    2. Do you workout every day?
    3. How many calories are you consuming each day?

If you aren't losing weight, then you are eating enough.
    If you don't workout everyday, then your caloric deficit spreads throughout the week.
    If your caloric intake is reasonable moderate (2000-2700), then I think you are fine.
  • rseegert
    Options
    What kinds of foods should I be eating then? Soup is one of my favorite foods of all time. I eat a lot of soup, but I also eat a lot of fruits and veggies and stuff. I don't really know what kinds of foods are high in calories, but still healthy? Any ideas?
  • Nigerianebony
    Nigerianebony Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    If you are going to stick with soup, try bean soups (not sure if you like beans)

Since you eat a lot of fruit and veggies: avocados, mangoes, papaya, onions, squash, peaches...but be careful, high calories fruits and veggies have more sugar. So make sure you are tracking your sugar

Nuts and nut spreads

Proteins in general --> lean meats such as fish, chicken, and even pork tenderloin.

Eggs are also good.

I hope this helps