anybody got recipe for low calorie desserts ??

Options
Has anybody got any recipes for low calorie desserts cause this is my down fall .please

Replies

• issyfit
    issyfit Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    My favorite South Beach recipes are the "Ricotta Creams": Mix ricotta cheese with your choice of items, my favorites are:
    crystal lite pink lemonade powder and berries (can leave these off if don't want the sugar)
    swiss miss diet cocoa, (can add instant coffee to make mocha flavor)
    almond extract, slivered almonds and stevia
    nsa applesauce (some natural sugar here) with cinnamon and stevia
    peanut butter or PB2
    pumpkin seasonings
    Sometimes I add cool whip to make it fluffier.
    Sorry, I seldom measure so will just say add ingredients to taste. You can experiment with different extracts and SF flavorings.
  • nicgraves
    Options
    One of my favorite desserts is a cup of Decafe Green Tea, little bit of 1% milk, and 1 splenda......Along with one Graham Cracker (one whole sheet, split in half, usually Honey Maid low fat graham crackers) with 1 tblspn Reduced Fat Peanut Butter! Sandwich the graham crackers, so it's like a peanut butter sandwich.

It's not exactly really LOW calorie, but I'm a PEANUT BUTTER Fan, so it works for me!

Enjoy!
  • tara200
    tara200 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I found a great recipe by Hungry Girl..
    2 tbsp. All Natural Almond Accents Honey Roasted Flavored Sliced Almonds
    1 medium banana
    2 tbsp. Hershey's Lite chocolate syrup
    Directions:
    Roughly chop the sliced almonds and set aside. Peel banana and cut in half widthwise. Place both halves on a plate lined with wax paper. If you like, slide a craft stick into the cut side of each half (like a Popsicle).

Evenly drizzle banana halves with chocolate syrup and sprinkle with chopped almonds.

Gently roll banana halves in any excess syrup/nuts on the plate. Freeze for at least 1 hour. Enjoy!

MAKES 2 SERVINGS PER SERVING (1 pop): 115 calories, 3.5g fat, 40mg sodium, 21g carbs, 2.5g fiber, 13g sugars, 1.5g protein -- PointsPlus® value 5*
  • Southpaw3612
    Options
    A quick and easy one I use occasionally is layering fat free cool whip with fat free sugar free instant pudding, you can keep the calories pretty low on that one and it satisfies the sweet tooth.
  • AprilOneFourFour
    AprilOneFourFour Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I buy a vanilla ice cream that's about 100 cals a scoop and have it in a cone (about 10 cals) so it lasts.
  • kittybitz79
    Options
    Southpaws recipe is wonderful... My hubby and I use that to curb our sweet tooth all the time. We also do Jello with pudding. I usually end up making one pudding and one jello to put with suppers each night. Tastes good and lots of variety. You can also by the Walmart brand and it tastes the same.
  • marylou1976
    marylou1976 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    don't know where your based but in the UK we have hot chocolate sachets called options 60 cals each (I'm sure you have something similar) mix this with o% yoghurt and it makes a nice chocolate yoghurt, even nicer on meringues with berries
  • pmdhardy
    pmdhardy Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I love the lite cool whip and the fat free or sugarfree puddings.. so quick and easy and its satisfying.
  • sciencenerd2011
    Options
    Definitely check out skinnytaste.com. There are a ton of desserts there!
  • hope516
    hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I use non-fat plain greek yogurt and slice up a few mint leaves in it ((((let it sit in the fridge overnight)))) and then mix in a tablespoon of organic dark chocolate chips right before eating. It reminds me of mint chocolate chip icecream, and its only 220 cals...sooooo yummy!!!
  • horsessrb
    horsessrb Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    One word. Popsicle.

The fruit ones only have 25 calories. High in sugar? Yes. But whatever, I get to east dessert at the end of a long day.
  • ravihira1892
    ravihira1892 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Look up Leanbodylifestyle on Youtube.

YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT! :)
  • warriorsal
    warriorsal Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Dark chocolate chips in yogurt sound amazing!!!!!
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    Self Magazine had a super awesome low calorie apple crisp! Just slice up and apple (skin and all) into a baking dish. Dot with a small amount of butter. Sprinkle with cinnamon (I suggest nutmeg, cloves and allspice too). Top with a little low fat granola. Bake until the apples are soft. Usually ~20 minutes or so, depending on the apple. Voila! Super low cal, low fat and really yummy dessert!
  • Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    How low calorie are we talking? I like making plain unfrosted cakes; these are usually less than 200 calories a slice. I'm not a fan of low fat/low sugar so I don't make substitutions.
  • erineriley
    erineriley Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    :)
    1 medium banana
    Directions:
    Roughly chop the sliced almonds and set aside. Peel banana and cut in half widthwise. Place both halves on a plate lined with wax paper. If you like, slide a craft stick into the cut side of each half (like a Popsicle).

Evenly drizzle banana halves with chocolate syrup and sprinkle with chopped almonds.

Gently roll banana halves in any excess syrup/nuts on the plate. Freeze for at least 1 hour. Enjoy!

MAKES 2 SERVINGS PER SERVING (1 pop): 115 calories, 3.5g fat, 40mg sodium, 21g carbs, 2.5g fiber, 13g sugars, 1.5g protein -- PointsPlus® value 5*
  • erineriley
    erineriley Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    yum
    Self Magazine had a super awesome low calorie apple crisp! Just slice up and apple (skin and all) into a baking dish. Dot with a small amount of butter. Sprinkle with cinnamon (I suggest nutmeg, cloves and allspice too). Top with a little low fat granola. Bake until the apples are soft. Usually ~20 minutes or so, depending on the apple. Voila! Super low cal, low fat and really yummy dessert!
  • MelisMusing
    MelisMusing Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    1 medium banana
    Directions:

YUM!!!
  • MelisMusing
    MelisMusing Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    My MFP friend Aliciaaah sent this to me last week and it was DA BOMB!!

Cheesecake Pumpudding!
    105 calories for 1/2 of the batch depending on which brands you use: 1 Cup Silk Pure Almond Unsweetened Almond Milk (30 Calories) 1 Cup Libby's Pure Pumpkin Puree (80 Calories) 1 Packet Jello Sugar Free Cheesecake Pudding (100 Calories) Pumpkin Spice to taste (Start with 1/2 tsp, it can be strong stuff) Sweetener to taste (I use some Splenda, but it really doesn't need it, just adds that extra sweetness)
  • bail8gent
    Options
    BUMP for later