Green Tea for Metabolism

Options
Hi everyone! I recently ran across a green tea recipe for metabolism by Dr. Oz.called Tangerine Weight-Orade. My question is I read online in other articles that it can take up to 10 cups of green tea to boost metabolism just 4%. This recipe stats that it can raise it by 12% per cup. I also read that you can get the same benefits of green tea from the pill in extract form. Any thoughts on this subjet? The recipe tastes good, I add Stevia for sweetner but would it be more benificial to do the pill form of green tea for the metabolism boost and just drink plain water? I've been drinking about a gallon of this a day (I doubled the recipe).

Tangerine Weight-Orade
For a powerful metabolism-boosting drink, try Dr. Oz’s Tangerine Weight-Orade. It contains: green tea, shown to boost metabolism 12% by drinking just one cup; tangerine, with a chemical composition that increases sensitivity to insulin and stimulates genes that help to burn fat; and mint, a calorie-free flavor enhancer.

In a large pitcher, combine:
8 cups of brewed green tea
1 tangerine, sliced
A handful of mint leaves

Stir this delicious concoction up at night so all the flavors fuse together. Drink 1 pitcher daily for maximum metabolism-boosting results
Link: http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/diets-every-decade

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Seeing as clenbuterol will raise metabolism by around 10%, it's highly unlikely Dr Oz's wonder drink will increase it more. Once again it looks like Dr Oz is full of it
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    Seeing as clenbuterol will raise metabolism by around 10%, it's highly unlikely Dr Oz's wonder drink will increase it more. Once again it looks like Dr Oz is full of it

but... he's a doctor... and oprah likes him.
  • dburdi02
    dburdi02 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    but... he's a doctor... and oprah likes him.
    [/quote]

Made me giggle! Thanks! (that is if you were being sarcastic, if not, disregard my comment and I'm sorry)