Anyone else using FitBit?

Options
2»

Replies

• crimsontech
    crimsontech Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I've been using a FitBit since August and I never go without it! It doesn't matter too much to me whether it's completely accurate about my calorie burn because I operate at a pretty high deficit most days. But, when I add up the calories consumed vs. burned over a month period, the calorie deficit is pretty close to the pounds I lost... so it's gotta be pretty darn close.

If nothing else, it makes you want to get more steps. I park farther from the store. I don't mind if I forgot something and have to go back to another aisle to get something. I helped a friend move, mostly for the steps! And before, I was about as lazy as you can get.
  • skygoddess86
    skygoddess86 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    The sleep withing was very interesting to me...who knew I woke up 12-14 times a night? No wonder I'm tired!

Wow I only wake up like three times a night! That is a lot.
  • smlamb33
    smlamb33 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love, love, love my Fitbit!! It really gets me motivated to climb those 10 daily flights of stairs and walk those 5,000 daily steps!
  • Jupitermermaid
    Jupitermermaid Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I just ordered one recently, mainly because I'm a chronic insomniac and wanted to track my sleeping. I just bought a new HRM for exercising, but may selll that and just use the fitbit since it appears I'll be using that continuously. I hope it's easy to use.....I'm such a technology dinosaur!
  • Aleciajones
    Options
    I'm loving mine! I'm aleciajones on there as well if anyone wants to add me! I've had it since early January and it definitely motivates me. I pause mine when in the car-same as the sleep feature- so it won't count steps. Was just something others mentioned to do.
  • Mickeynminnie
    Mickeynminnie Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    wow, reading everyone's experiences as really made me want to get one. Thanks for sharing your input on the fitbit
  • Sumo813
    Sumo813 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    The sleep withing was very interesting to me...who knew I woke up 12-14 times a night? No wonder I'm tired!

Should do a sleep study... I never thought I woke up at night... but according to the sleep study, I was waking up roughly every 2 mins... about 30 "episodes" per hour. Not cool. I think I'm due to do a follow up study soon... I think I'm approaching about a year and a half on the CPAP now.
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I'm going to invest in one as well. I'm trying to gain weight and I'm also a bad sleeper so I hope this will help.
  • Barbwhitmore
    Options
    I have no idea what this is your all talking about, but im thinking its something worth checking out:)

Yes go look at it.
  • MsMo4DE
    Options
    Mine is in route..patiently waiting by the mailbox! I just joined the Fitbit group here on MFP and set up a profile on fitbit.com and joined a couple of groups there. I'm thinking fitbit.com just puts you on the leaderboard with your friends and groups b/c I see no way to communicate there unless you post in a message forum. I'm 41, married with kids and am in the last 20 pounds of my weight loss if anyone wants to add me as a friend.
  • crimsontech
    crimsontech Posts: 234 Member
    Options

Should do a sleep study... I never thought I woke up at night... but according to the sleep study, I was waking up roughly every 2 mins... about 30 "episodes" per hour. Not cool. I think I'm due to do a follow up study soon... I think I'm approaching about a year and a half on the CPAP now.

Yes, definitely! I was diagnosed with "severe" sleep apnea and I remember waking up several times a night. Been on CPAP for about a year and a half as well and I only register a "wake up" on my FitBit once in a while... most nights I don't wake up at all. (It's going to be a huge victory for me if losing all this weight means I can ditch the CPAP, but until then, I love it and never sleep without it!)
  • shopperchick17
    shopperchick17 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Reading everyones post got me all excited, I just ordered mine can't wait to get it. THANKS
  • jnorr993
    jnorr993 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I am glad to see so many other FitBit lovers here! Like I said, I just got mine, and like many of the responders here, it has really helped me to see how sedentary I am in my desk job. It is motivating me to take more stairs and just get up and walk around some more to get more steps in. For those who might be concerned about how it tracks your other activities, I just take care to mark down the times that I am doing other things (such as using the rowing machine or the bike). You could do the same for driving too. Then, when you put those OTHER activities in your log and add the times, the fitbit will automatically cancel out any steps/calories that it had logged during that period. As far as distance... I have found it to be VERY accurate for me. I have a 1 mile loop that I take my dogs on, and that has worked out to be almost exactly 2,000 steps each time. But for those with longer or shorter strides, I would assume there are adjustments for that as well. Finally, the sleeping feature is amazing! It is actually pretty darn accurate as to WHEN I am woken up throughout the night.

All in all, I am in love with it!

I hope those of you who are using it will add me as a friend here and on the fitbit site, so we can encourage each other!!

:bigsmile: