friends

Options
Hi just a general curiosity question. Does anyone have any friends on here who they know in person? Just curious because I don't have any friends on here who I know in person, none of my friends use this site. The friends I have on here I think are lovely i think its a nice community.

Replies

• AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    Yes, I found out one of my close friends, my sister and my daughter are on here (after I joined).
  • Mongoose7
    Options
    Good stuff
  • NKolhar
    NKolhar Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Nope, none that I knw off :( but nt complaining like u say its a gd group out here
  • Wendi_S
    Wendi_S Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I have a couple that I know in real life- but also have quite a few on here I consider 'real friends'.
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    Yes,have met several in person and have always had a great time.
    Am planning on meeting a bunch more this year. :smile:
  • MarincicS
    MarincicS Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I have only been here for about 3 weeks. The site was recommended to me by one friend, then another joined and i invited still another. Plus my personal trainer is on here as it is the easiest way for her to keep track of my food diary.

I was thinking of inviting a few other friends, not because they need to lose weight but because they are very interested in health and fitness and i think would really be happy to support me on my journey.

But i must say i am completely entranced by the community pages here and how supportive everyone is - how excited everyone gets about other's success and about how honest and nonjudgemental people are here. It feels like a great safe place to me.
  • Shawnjay75
    Shawnjay75 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    So far the only friends I have here are people I really know...two coworkers and my fiancé. What a long list I have...lol
  • kittenmitton
    kittenmitton Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who used it, but I don't think she does anymore...
  • LexieSweetheart
    LexieSweetheart Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    My P.T has an account on here. She is my friend sometimes lol
  • Bucky83
    Bucky83 Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    My brother and I practically signed up together, so it helps to have someone who I know for real here on the website...up until he checks out my food diary and 'slams' me for not eating healthy. Lol! Good way to stay on track if you have someone to bail you up when you get it wrong!
  • sweetcheeks27
    sweetcheeks27 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I know of friends and family that use the site, but I haven't added them. For some reason I'm totally fine with the world knowing my weight but I don't want people in the "real world" to know my weight.
  • durhamity
    durhamity Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I like that I don't know anybody (besides my husband) irl. I think weight loss is a personal journey and it would actually bother me for one of my real life friends to "view my diary". I have issues, I know :ohwell:
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,212 Member
    Options
    I do! My flower girl at my wedding over 20 years ago is my MFP friend. Small world, huh?
  • Mongoose7
    Options
    I like that I don't know I think weight loss is a personal journey and it would actually bother me for one of my real life friends to "view my diary". I have issues, I know :ohwell:

I agree with you
  • kb455
    kb455 Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Nope. I have yet to meet any of my friends on here in person. Maybe someday...
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    Yes, I know one. My wife.

JM