Has anyone else become stingy with their calories...

Options
Now that I'm tracking every single thing I eat, I find that I've become very stingy with my calories. Sometimes I will hop on the bike so I can burn more calories so I can indulge myself with a piece of candy ... or maybe a 64 calorie beer. Anyone else going through the same thing now that they have MFP to monitor their calories?

Replies

• Heidi64
    Heidi64 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Definitely! My motivation to exercise? So I can eat more!!! lol
  • Gioooo
    Gioooo Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    When I know I'm going out to eat or am going to have a cheat day I make sure I get a good work out in too..
  • mtretter
    mtretter Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Sounds like me! I will walk an extra mile or so to earn a little more grub. I log everything I eat, my wife thinks I'm nuts, but it sure does give you a true picture of exactly how much you are eating when you track everything.
  • DLJ_77
    DLJ_77 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I find myself looking ridiculously forward to food...and trying to figure out ways I can eat the most for the least amount of calories! I guess that's the point, right? ;)
  • Cakepiebeer
    Options
    Now that I'm tracking every single thing I eat, I find that I've become very stingy with my calories. Sometimes I will hop on the bike so I can burn more calories so I can indulge myself with a piece of candy ... or maybe a 64 calorie beer. Anyone else going through the same thing now that they have MFP to monitor their calories?

Nope, you're doing it right. That's what counting calories is all about. Being stingy in regards to what your goal is. Losing/maintaining/gaining Yea, you have to be stingy. It's like a game of chess. Thinking and planning ahead.Prepairing for your next intake, your next burn, your next reward, deficit, surplus, cheat meal. You learn the necessary tools and what works for you and YOU are in control of your body. And it gets easier and easier the more you focus

A
  • I do the same thing, I find that if I want to have a special treat I work out to get something extra but I don't end up needing it anyways.. But it motivates me to work out so it's all good..
  • blueham5
    blueham5 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Yes, I've turned into a foodie and everything I eat has to be worth the calories. So if I eat icecream, it has to be my fave favour and brand or even with fruits or vege. It has to be fresh from the farmer's market.
  • debilyn574
    debilyn574 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Yes, I just found out that the Jolly Ranchers we have at reception sometimes have 20 calories... now I'm like, if I eat 2 of them, that's an extra 40 calories that I never log! Of course the flip side is that it's only 20 calories, is it going to make a HUGE difference??
  • kirstyg1980
    Options
    yes very much so and now I also do it with sugar content - lost count of how many times I've said to someone - you any idea how much sugar is in that!! :blushing:
  • chiera88
    chiera88 Posts: 155
    Options
    most definitely!
  • blv0267
    blv0267 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah! We were going out to dinner Saturday night to my favorite restaurant so I walked extra, I Zumba'ed extra and then walked some more. Just so I could eat whatever I wanted and not feel tooooo bad about going over my calories for the day.
  • lambertj
    lambertj Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Yes, I never ever drink my calories anymore and I was a Pepsi addict but I can get so much food for those calories
  • easuess
    easuess Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    On Super Bowl Sunday I walked 8.4 miles on the treadmill at 4% grade so I could eat the party food I wanted.

So, yeah. I know EXACTLY what you're talking about. :laugh:
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    I have been, but I dont eat back all my calories. just like 10 -20 % of them. So I dont get a whole lot extra. I just plan and save for the things I want every now and then.
  • lpeace2u
    lpeace2u Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I excercise for wine!!!! LOL
  • sfh0wrd
    Options
    I exercised extra long yesterday so I could eat an entire Ritter Sport candy bar. It was my birthday, dang it!
  • slay0r
    slay0r Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I find that even though I've essentially been in maintenence for the last 4 months that even now when I see something that can fit in my calorie allowance, I STILL avoid it..I've just programmed myself not to eat anything bad whatsoever. Not sure if that's a good thing in the long term but if I have a cheat meal it makes it incredible!
  • tracyfeathers
    Options
    I am VERY new to this...but, yesterday was the first day I plugged in excercise and got extra calories....That was the best thing since SANTA! I am totally going to be stingy.
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    I decided to eat the amount of calories for the weight want o be at. So, I don'teat exercise calories. Just stick to the 1800-2000 per day.
  • mslack01
    mslack01 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    YES!!! I try to save room for a half cup of ice cream. LOL.