Fitbit Help?? Calorie overestimation?

Options
Okay, so i had a pretty busy day today, and wore my fitbit the entire time, and i did do the first of the 30 day shred, but it says that i have an 1100 calorie allowance AFTER the 30 day shred.....

that seems like a lot to me, i mean i put together a bunch of furniture that my husband and i just bought today and i have a 13 month old i chase around, but i missed out on zumba tonight and what not, and i just cant fathom that i earned that much, does it matter where i wear the fitbit? Like clicked to my hip or in the wrist band? or should the wrist band be only for bed?

i'm kinda lost. and annoyed

Replies

• _Nathan
    Options
    I was actually reading up on fitbit earlier...According to their webpage they say the ideal place to wear it is on your hip of for women to clip it to the middle of the bra. The page did say that the wristband should be worn at night only for tracking your sleep. I hope this helps.

I am really interested in whether it is worth it to get a fitbit and would love to get your feedback on its effectiveness in both tracking your daily activities, its battery life (real-world application, not projected specs on their webpage), and if it helps or hinders you in wanting to continue your pursuit of getting and staying healthy.
  • NicoleMarie0409
    Options
    Celise, did you manually add your 30DS to MFP or did you just let Fitbit figure that for you?
  • DatEpicChick
    DatEpicChick Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    i manually added it, but put the time from 10:50 a.m. for 28 minutes, so it didnt double dip, but i did wear the fitbit on my wrist for some of the day, and apparently that is a no-no, so i will only be doing on the hip from now on and i will be letting everyone know how it goes after today!
  • p1xelate
    p1xelate Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I only use the wristband for sleeping because it notices a lot more motion and if I wear it around the house like that I know it is counting too much just based on what it tracks at other times.

I wear mine in the holster on the center of my bra and it is very accurate as far as how many steps I take. My settings are set to sedentary because my activity levels change dramatically from day to day and I have seen significant calorie adjustments and when I first got it I tracked with my HRM too and the fitbit was usually less than the HRM so when I only track with the fitbit at least I am not going over my actual expenditure.

If it were me and I wore it on my wrist I would guess that it had been too high if I was wearing it on my bra or belt I would trust it.
  • NicoleMarie0409
    Options
    I was actually reading up on fitbit earlier...According to their webpage they say the ideal place to wear it is on your hip of for women to clip it to the middle of the bra. The page did say that the wristband should be worn at night only for tracking your sleep. I hope this helps.

I am really interested in whether it is worth it to get a fitbit and would love to get your feedback on its effectiveness in both tracking your daily activities, its battery life (real-world application, not projected specs on their webpage), and if it helps or hinders you in wanting to continue your pursuit of getting and staying healthy.

I have a friend that wears hers on her wrist with the wrist band and it seems to be spot on for her. I wear mine on my hip, unless I am wearing a dress, then right in the center of my bra. As far as battery life, I am on day 3 with no charging and I do wear mine to monitor my sleeping habits just cause I am curious - I maybe not keep up with that though. I would also say that it does make me move more. I have an office job and I notice since I got my FB, I hit the copier room and make myself get up way more then before I had the FB.
  • NicoleMarie0409
    Options
    i manually added it, but put the time from 10:50 a.m. for 28 minutes, so it didnt double dip, but i did wear the fitbit on my wrist for some of the day, and apparently that is a no-no, so i will only be doing on the hip from now on and i will be letting everyone know how it goes after today!

Yeah, let us know how it goes - Mine is been right on. I am very impressed. I wish I would have gotten one sooner.
  • westernjoy
    westernjoy Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    bump