Tea

Options
I've never really been into any kind of tea. I'd kind of like to find one I'd like so that i can drink more than just water, milk, or soda.

Is there any healthy, great tasting tea you think i may like?

Especially if your also someone who has never really liked tea, but found one that you can at least stand :tongue:

Replies

• skywalker
    skywalker Posts: 1,533
    Options
    I'd suggest checking out the international section of your local grocery store. There are some great Indian teas out there. Might be worth a try...

226637.png
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    My mother in law is never really been into tea and she will drink red tea (rooibos). I love all kinds of tea but it really changes based on the quality of the tea and brewing it correctly. I go to a local tea shop and went to a tea tasting. That way I got a chance to try different tea's without buying any.

A really good website about tea's is www.nmteaco.com. They have a large selection with description, brewing times and such.

Good Luck.
  • Das_Modell
    Das_Modell Posts: 167
    Options
    Cool. it would def. have to be something i can find in most grocery stores. I don't think we have any stores around here that sell nothing but healthy foods and drinks
  • littleissac
    Options
    You could try green tea with jasmine...just make sure not to let the tea bag sit for more than a minute or two. It tastes bitter if it sits too long. I also like English Breakfast black tea.
  • phubbard1337
    Options
    I am not a big tea drinker, but Lipton has some great white tea mixed with dried fruit. I is great!
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    If you like cinnamon try Harney and Sons brand, Hot Cinnamon Spice... it's absolutely amazing:love: . I'm not a big tea person, but this is so good. We discovered it on vacation a year or so ago, and now we special order it from the Harney and Sons website. My boyfriend also likes their Paris tea. Give it a try!:flowerforyou:
  • Das_Modell
    Das_Modell Posts: 167
    Options
    Can you get them in stores like Dierburgs, Shop n Save , Schnucks, Walmart etc or does it have to be ordered from them directly?
  • csingleton24
    csingleton24 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I bought a frother from Target and froth my milk up and add it to English tea. It's kind of like Starbucks Black Tea Latte, but barely any calories! Plus it's cheaper. I only use a tiny bit of milk 'cause the frother increases it by double. Sometimes I add Splenda to it for sweetness too. I love tea though. Hope you find one you like!
  • jfilon
    jfilon Posts: 80
    Options
    I absolutely adore chai tea. It has a very pleasant combination of spices and sweet. Since it is usually served with milk, I always opt for nonfat to cut back on the calories. :wink:
  • cmlock
    cmlock Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I second the Chai Tea.
    Best in tea bags when it combines with all sorts of things...chai and cocoa is the BEST theres also chai and green tea, chai and vanilla etc etc all good and as long as you're using low fat milk its very low on calories.....especially nice after dinner relaxing on the couch, when you just feel like something else...
  • carriedkline
    carriedkline Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Try Ginger-Honey tea, it is amazing for your skin and tastes really good....if you like ginger that is. If you go to the Asian food store, they have a ton of good teas and they are all really good for you.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I've never been a tea drinker, but I find I enjoy just about any basic green tea. Right now I have King Cole green tea in my cupboard, and I drink a cup most nights. :smile:

I'd say whatever you look for in a tea, make sure it's "pure" and doesn't have a lot of artificial stuff added.
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    Can you get them in stores like Dierburgs, Shop n Save , Schnucks, Walmart etc or does it have to be ordered from them directly?

I've never heard of Dierburgs, Shop n Save, or Schnucks (we must live in different parts of the country!) but I know Walmart does not have it- at least not here. I've seen it offered here and there at hole in the wall restaurants, but never at a major retailer. I'd even be willing to send someone a sample tea bag if they wanted to provide their address :flowerforyou:
  • nicholedunn
    Options
    Ditto on the chai tea!! Love it!

Plus iced green tea is yummy plus its a natural diaretic :smile:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,976 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

We drink only herb tea since we decided to give up caffeine (a great decision)

If you look in the tea section of any ordinary grocery store you will find a lot of different herb tea. Take the time to look at the choices and try one. Some brands have a sampler box. Don't give up if you don't love tea right away. It might take some practice. Try it hot or iced. Try mixing two flavors. And leave out the sugar and artificial sweeteners.
    Good luck:drinker:
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • nightangelstars
    nightangelstars Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I only recently started drinking tea (for similar reasons to what you're stating) and my favorite so far is the Lipton Bavarian Wild Berry in the pyramid bags. If you add a little honey, it's sweet and fruity and quite delicious. Also, because the tea part is black tea, there's caffeine to get you going in the morning. Not as much as coffee, but still.

Hope you find something you like, since there are lots of good suggestions here! Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • Louiee
    Louiee Posts: 6
    Options
    I'm the same. I never really liked tea but I've started drinking Green tea because it helps regulate blood-sugar levels.
    Green tea itself not so great BUT the Lipton flavoured Green Teas are sooo good.
    The vanilla has 3.8 cals per cup and the peach has 0.95. I have them with no calorie artificial sweetener (I have a deadly sweet tooth)
    But for a non tea drinker these were soo nice, very low cal and satisfy my sweet cravings.
    Also, green tea is suppposed to help speed your metabolism by around 5%
  • NickelPlated
    Options
    There are hundreds and hundreds of different kinds of teas. I mix some up myself even, you can by bulk herbal teas at fred meyer stores, whole foods, etc, really cheap.

My favorite is chamomille lavender. It's made by Traditional Medicinals. If you have a local tea shop, go to it and start experimenting, try one at a time until you find one you like.

Also if you HATe drinking water like I do, put a slice of cucumber in it. And you can keep refilling your water and the cucumber will keep flavoring several cups from the same slice.

Also, if you mix like a teaspoon of iced tea into your water, it will give it just a little tiny hint of taste too.
  • TaraJ16
    TaraJ16 Posts: 304
    Options
    i love tea.

Tetley Orange Pekoe is my fav, i have it with some splenda and just a tiny little bit of milk. I also really love tetley rooibos tea (red tea) i drink that just as is. its one of my favs!
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    If you're new to tea, I recommend celestial seasonings zingers! They're fruity, and have a bit of a zip which is great for people who are trying to break away from sodas.

Chai is awesome too :)