What do you do when you eat twice your allowance by going ou

Options
2»

Replies

• angelheart3
    angelheart3 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    wow--i did the same thing this week so your note is timely for me. I am trying to accept it and move on as some of you have suggested--this makes sense to me. Weds I was happy when i weighed in 7 pounds lighter. I had lost the pounds pretty easily by eating slightly under my 1,200 max, and drinking lots of water. Then I blew it on one day, and even though i am trying to cut back, i packed on 3 pounds--almost overnight--today is sunday and i'm 3 pounds back on. I recommend being careful and be sure to eat near your or slightly under our 1200. This will help, and we both need to push the water to flush the sugar, salt, and toxins. Our exercise or any activity will be a good to maintain energy and encourage us to burn the extra calories. So far, logging my food has made me honest with myself, made me conscious of my choices and what i am putting in my body (our temple), there are times i actually tell myself, "nope, not gonna have the whole piece, just a spoonful, cuz i don't wanna have to log the whole piece." Did you know you can change the portion sizes by making the portion.10, or .15, or .25 (1/4), or .33 (1/3), or .50 (1/2)? i don this when i want a bit of cheese on my chili, but not an entire ounce. really helps. :love: let's keep loving ourselves first, and taking care of ourselves first, so that we can offer more to the world.
  • iuew
    iuew Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    if i'm going to have a slip meal, i budget the calories from other meals and increase exercise. if that's not enough, i do the same on the following day, or on the day before.

had a slip meal for dinner tonight, and made up for it by cutting lunch down a bit and doing more time on the bike.
  • katiegirl121
    katiegirl121 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your advice. Still managed to lose .7 kilo by extra exercise and getting back on track the next day. Good to know you can still "live a little" when you choose to and all is ok as long as you keep it as a treat and not the way you eat everyday.:smile::smile:
  • caljoc
    caljoc Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Stick to your normal plan.

A little of what you like does you no harm and will probably help you in the long run.

If you have been sticking to your plan before that and will afterwards, consider it a well-earned treat. Just have the discipline to keep it a rare treat.
  • cowleyibiza
    Options
    just take each day as it comes!! its no problem.. Just hit todays target and forget about it! x
  • ValleryK
    Options
    I'd say just continue doing what you were doing before.
    I know how it is - when you see the results and don't want to ruin them, but celebrating something, or going out for dinner on occassion won't ever spoil your results, because it doesn't happen every day.
    You're allowed to treat yourself from time to time! (:
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    Spike day!!!!!
  • ludogx87
    ludogx87 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    i do this all the time, if i plan a meal out i will lower my daily intake to 1000 for 3 days saving 600 calaories then on "meal day" i will have an extra 600 calories to eat.

as long as your sensible and dont lower your daily intake to something ridiculous like 400 calories a day, it evens out :)
  • EllieMo
    EllieMo Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Don't obsess about it. Draw a line under yesterday, get back on track today.