10 minute trainer

Options
Wanting some feedback on the DVD collection "Tony Horton's 10 Minute Trainer." Anybody use it and what kind of success have you had with it?

Replies

• AlissaAngelo
    AlissaAngelo Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I haven't personally used it. However, Tony Horton is top notch and a great trainer. I would say if you are going to go with this system, you will probably want to do more than just one 10 minute dvd a day. That's just my opinion though. If you have time, I'd try to do at least 2 or 3. I'm a Beachbody Coach, and if you don't have one working with you already, I can provide you with further information on the program and more previews. Just let me know, I'd be more than happy to help! :)

Alissa
    www.AlissaAngelo.com
  • JJB5200
    Options
    I agree with AlissaAngelo. Tony Horton is a great trainer. I have his 10 minute trainer DVDs and I love them. I will mention though that i HATE resistance bands. I find them difficult to use and they rub against my skin during certain moves that really irritate me. I swapped em for dumbells (i use 10 lb but you can use whatever you are comfortable with) and you can buy them at walmart or a sporting goods store for about 10$/piece. I also recently started using a stability ball and medicine ball to do ab workouts and they have been very effective. I anticipate that i will have a 6pack by the time i go to hawaii next month!! Best of luck to you all and i hope you reach your goals.
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    I like the yoga, it sure beats an hour and a half of the p90x yoga.
  • jaheaton
    Options
    i also agree with the above! and i have the ten minute trainer and when i got it i was thinking that it would be just a 10 minute work out but i came to find out that if you want to see real results you have to follow the plan and it is 3 different workouts everyday, so it is really 30 minutes but it goes by fast, well at least for me it does, but i have had great results and i LOVE it!!! hope this helps
  • twilightobession
    twilightobession Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I just ordered mine this week. I am excited. I am hoping that I can do one dvd in the morning, then one around lunch time and then another one in the late afternoon.
  • she_who
    she_who Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I agree with AlissaAngelo. Tony Horton is a great trainer. I have his 10 minute trainer DVDs and I love them. I will mention though that i HATE resistance bands. I find them difficult to use and they rub against my skin during certain moves that really irritate me. I swapped em for dumbells (i use 10 lb but you can use whatever you are comfortable with) and you can buy them at walmart or a sporting goods store for about 10$/piece. I also recently started using a stability ball and medicine ball to do ab workouts and they have been very effective. I anticipate that i will have a 6pack by the time i go to hawaii next month!! Best of luck to you all and i hope you reach your goals.

My husband feels the same way about the resistance bands, which is why I think we haven't started with 10 minute trainer yet. Can you use dumbells and a stability/medicine ball with 10 minute trainer instead of the resistance bands?
  • sapphire74
    sapphire74 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Did any of you keep track of these exercises here in Myfitnesspal? If so, how did you do it? I can't seem to find them in the exercise database.