Best way to increase metabolism

Options
Hi Everyone

I really need to know Whats the best way to improve your metabolism?

Be grateful for any information!

Thanks

Cara

Replies

• hottottie11
    hottottie11 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    Build muscle (lifting heavy at a caloric surplus)

Or at least maintain the muscle you have by lifting heavy

Not under-eating for your activity level.
  • Cara3023
    Options
    Thanks, im actually pregnant right now so is there anything i can so / eat to increase it rather than heavy exercise as i did not work out before so am not use to it...

Thanks
  • hottottie11
    hottottie11 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    I would just concentration on eating a nutritious, well-balanced diet. The only sure-fire way to increase your metabolism is to increase your muscle. Since you can't do that, just make sure you don't under-eat.
  • howieyong
    Options
    add lots of vitamin b and magnesium at your diet
    food like spinach, broccoli, fish, poultry, eggs, almonds, cashews and peanuts, soybean, whole-grain cereals oatmeal
  • Cara3023
    Options
    Thanks everyone, ive been eating fish etc anyway so hope i see some improvment though at the moment i only seem to be gaining lbs! cant complain though, i do have a life inside me!
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Protein has been proven to increase the metabolic rate and of course exercising.
  • chardondave
    Options
    Protein has been proven to increase the metabolic rate and of course exercising.

As Fitnessocial said, a high protein - LEAN protein - diet has been proven to increase diet induced thermogenics.
    So concentrate on eating healthy foods. Chicken, fish and tons of veggies.

Please do not rely on pop-medicine gurus to give you accurate information regarding increasing your metabolism. Only in America do we have the myth of eating MORE as a cure for eating. Green tea, grapefruit and cayenne pepper have been shown to produce a very moderate increase in weight loss, but their effects are easily negated by combining them with pizza and tacos.
  • daisydieter
    Options
    Consistently, I've read to increase your metabolism:

1) Get a good night's rest. Lack of sleep and your metabolism slows down.

2) Eat 4 small meals a per day (spread out so you're eating every 3-4 hours) that consists of a very lean protein and fiber. (And obviously staying within in your daily calorie count that creates a deficit).

3) Always have breakfast as it kick starts it.

4) Strength training as muscles at rest burn more calories that fat does.
  • daisydieter
    Options

As Fitnessocial said, a high protein - LEAN protein - diet has been proven to increase diet induced thermogenics.
    So concentrate on eating healthy foods. Chicken, fish and tons of veggies.

Please do not rely on pop-medicine gurus to give you accurate information regarding increasing your metabolism. Only in America do we have the myth of eating MORE as a cure for eating. Green tea, grapefruit and cayenne pepper have been shown to produce a very moderate increase in weight loss, but their effects are easily negated by combining them with pizza and tacos.

I remember a couple of studies that said that if you eat 30 grams of fiber per day, your body burns additional calories processing them. For some reason the number 200 calories is popping out.
  • Lazy_lady24
    Options
    I was told this by a personal trainer:

1. Cut down on all heavy carbs I.e. pasta, bread and sweet things

2. Drink more water

3. Include spices in your foods. Good natural fat burners and metabolism boosters

4. Aim for 45 mins cardio 3-4 times per week

5. Hit some high repetition weight training. This will help speed up the fat burning process

6. Eat a good breakfast, lunch and dinner. Never skip breakfast and lunch as this slows down your metabolism and your body will store fat

7. Try not to eat after 7/8
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    This looked like an interesting article

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/9-tips-to-increase-metabolism.htm

1. Do HIIT training
    2. Lift Weights
    3. Build Muscle
    4. Eat Protein
    5. Eat 5 / 6 small meals a day
    6. Eat real food
    7. Drink Water
    8. Drink Green Tea
    9. Don't stress
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I was told this by a personal trainer:

1. Cut down on all heavy carbs I.e. pasta, bread and sweet things

2. Drink more water

3. Include spices in your foods. Good natural fat burners and metabolism boosters

4. Aim for 45 mins cardio 3-4 times per week

5. Hit some high repetition weight training. This will help speed up the fat burning process

6. Eat a good breakfast, lunch and dinner. Never skip breakfast and lunch as this slows down your metabolism and your body will store fat

7. Try not to eat after 7/8
    1. Carb intake has nothing to do with metabolism regulation. That is why carb cycling is ineffective.
    2.ok
    3. Good
    4. Why?
    5. FALSE
    6. FALSE
    7. FALSE
  • ludogx87
    ludogx87 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    cayenne pepper have been shown to produce a very moderate increase in weight loss, but their effects are easily negated by combining them with pizza and tacos.

GUTTED hahahahaha