net calories

Options
I cannot grasp the net calorie idea. I understand it is the amount I need plus exercise burn minus the calorie I eat . How can I use it to my benefit? Should I try to have it be a high number or a low number for the most effective weight loss. Help Please!!!!

Replies

• AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I cannot grasp the net calorie idea. I understand it is the amount I need plus exercise burn minus the calorie I eat . How can I use it to my benefit? Should I try to have it be a high number or a low number for the most effective weight loss. Help Please!!!!
    In order to loss weight you want to create a calorie deficit. MFP already creates that deficit, so any calories you burn in addition you should eat back. However, the only true way to determine your calorie burn is via a heart rate monitor. This article explains why large calorie deficit and too much activity are bad for weight loss.

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/why-big-caloric-deficits-and-lots-of-activity-can-hurt-fat-loss.html
  • gkcimino
    gkcimino Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Then alot of net calories at the end of the day can be detremental to weight loss correct