I kicked butt in my 5k

Options
2»

Replies

• taramaureen
    taramaureen Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Yay, You! :drinker: :flowerforyou: I'm hoping to be able to run a 5K in May. I walked the same 5K last May, and my goal for this year, in addition to getting a better time, is to run the whole thing. Doubt I'll be able to do as well as you did, because I still have a long way to go before I am at that level of fitness. However, your success is a source of inspiration for me. Thanks for sharing.

You'll be fine! This was actually my 5th 5k in a year so I've had some practice LOL
  • taramaureen
    Options
    You are awesome!! I only hope I can get to that point some day. Do you like your HRM? I just got the same one but haven't used it yet.

No, I don't like the HRM portion of the watch. It's too tight and uncomfortable for regular use. So I just use it to track my training, how fast I'm going, how far I've gone, etc.
  • kiwi1003
    kiwi1003 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Great time improvement too! Go girl!
  • Kitiara47
    Options
    Great job!! I'm on week 4 of the c25k program. Can't wait to finish it! :) I've walked 2 5ks, both with friends, but I would love to run in one!
  • robmaguire1
    Options
    Awesome job. Keep up the great work!!!
  • Drivin_Dave
    Drivin_Dave Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Congrats! My Wife and I will be doing our 1st 5k run walk in March. I was capable of an under 7 minute mile a few years ago, which I didn't think was to bad for an out of shape truck driver. :P

Hope we will reach for our goals as you have!
  • Cpuff70
    Cpuff70 Posts: 153
    Options
    Congrats!! Running my first 5K is totally one of my goals for this year. Just did day 1 of C25K yesterday. Thanks for the inspiration!
  • BrandyontheRun
    BrandyontheRun Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! Awesome Job!!!
  • angw7
    angw7 Posts: 69
    Options
    That's brilliant. Well done. It's such a fabulous feeling when you improve your PB. This is one of many more to come :) Well done...
  • taramaureen
    Options
    Thanks for all the support guys! Good luck to all you other runners. Hard work WILL pay off in the end!
  • ingies2011
    ingies2011 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, i have just done my first 5k too, it is such an great feeling to complete it.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!