Heavy Training before a BIG blow out meal

Options
Tomorrow night is my mate's birthday. Every year we go to the same rib place. The meal we eat is about 3000 calories.

Last time I did a huge training session (80 minute run) prior to going to the restaurant and then ate my ribs. So I was still in calorie deficit at the end of the day.

My question is, does it matter that I do my huge training session before the eatathon?

So, logically I am putting my body into huge daily deficit and then filling it with the rib meal.

Is this any better or worse than eating the rib meal and saving my big training session for the next day. So then I would be burning the calories I had already consumed.

Or am I over thinking it? I would much prefer to do the session prior so it feels like a reward and also, I don't go over my calories on either day.

p.s- not having the rib meal is not an option. But being massively over my calorie goal isn't either ;)

Replies

• mightn
    mightn Posts: 35
    Options
    Also, I am a huge believer in eating back all exercise calories.

I have lost 24 pounds in 5 weeks so think this is working for me
  • mightn
    mightn Posts: 35
    Options
    bump
  • Brandongood
    Brandongood Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    you are doing exactly what you believe in. Eating your exercise calories. Nothing wrong with that. I say go for it!
  • Mandykinz2008
    Mandykinz2008 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I've always been the eat and work off in the same day type to avoid the hibernation that happens over night. I'm not sure if it technically matters..but that's just me.
  • snakesandladders2
    snakesandladders2 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hm, not sure it makes a difference, but I don't really know! One thing I know is that the guilt after a big blowout, plus all the extra energy, makes me work lots harder the next day. Whereas it might be more difficult to work hard if you're working out on a big deficit.

Enjoy your ribs, they sound lush :)
  • 11Jayme11
    11Jayme11 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I ''personally" would do an intense workout before hand... have a lighter day than normal calorie wise, and than bust more the day after. I think you would be fine just doing the workout that day... BUT i know i would feel better about myself if i did great the next day also. You deserve a rest day also... keep that im mind. Great work BTW... 25 lbs in 5 weeks.. thats intense!:bigsmile:
  • RockChick1984
    Options
    Not sure it really matters as longs you hit your net total end of the week... all i know is, i cant sleep at night knowing i have over eaten... so work it off after... although if you know its ahead of you.. you could do some before and some tomorrow as 3000 is quite a lot to be burning off in one day lol