chickpea fritters w romesco sauce.

Options
JasonSwetland
JasonSwetland Posts: 235 Member
These two recipes were made by the missus in our ghetto fabulous kitchen. The fritters are all vegetable and delicious. The romesco sauce tasted like it came down from heaven. My profile pic has a picture of the results.

This tasty sauce almost has a buffalo wing sauce taste without the heat. It is very unique and next time we will cut way bck on the salt- its not really needed.

Berrio - Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 3 Tbsp (15ml) Archer Farms - Raw Slivered Almonds, 1/2 cup Homemade - White/Wheat Baguette, 3 slice Atkins - Garlic, Clove, 2 clove Homemade - Roasted Red Bell Peppers, 2 bell pepper PAN FRY THESE FIRST Generic - Parsley, Chopped, 2 T Generic - Paprika (Usda Data), 0.6 tbsp. Trader Joe's - Red Wine Vinegar, 2 tbsp (15mL) Morton - Salt, 1/4 teaspoon (1.5g) OPTIONAL

Heat the oil in a frying pan, toast the almonds...

More here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/JasonSwetland/view/ghetto-fab-romesco-sauce-for-the-unemployed-jk-its-vegan-211501

The fritters:

Quick and dirty:

These are classic Fritters made entirely out of plants. They are Chickpea fritters and man they are good, loaded with lots of Vegetables, you won't be able to eat just one.

Gold Medal - All Natural Whole Wheat Flour, 1 cup Everyday Market - Table Salt, 0.5 tsp Generic - Cumin (Usda Data), 0.5 tsp. Dole - Packaged Salad - Baby Spinach, 1 cups Garlic - Raw - 1 Clove (1 Tsp, 3g), 3 clove Arm & Hammer - Pure Baking Soda, 1/8 tsp (600mg) Generic - Homade - Garbanzo Beans (Chickpeas) Boiled, Without Salt, 1 cup cooked Generic - 2 Scallion/Green Onion 100 g (Usda Data), Goya - Extra-Virgin Olive Oil, 2 Tbsp (15 mL) absorbed you will need 1 cup to fry these total.

1) In a large bowl whisk together the flour, salt, cumin, adding 3/4 c water a little at a time and stir to paste consistency. Like pancake batter. Let stand 1/2 hour to an hour for the water to be completely absorbed.

More here:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/JasonSwetland/view/ghetto-fab-chickpea-fritters-sauce-comes-in-a-second-post-211498

Replies

• urbanmasala
    urbanmasala Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Jason, these recipes look and sound fabulously delicious! They definitely sound like winners to me! I had no idea you are such a foodie. Hmmmm, I might have to feature you and some of your recipes on my site some time. ;-)
  • JNettie73
    JNettie73 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Yummy. I will have to try these!
  • shanna0413
    shanna0413 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    bump
  • findingfit23
    findingfit23 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Y U M