Need a weight loss motivation partner!

canadiangirl84
canadiangirl84 Posts: 15 Member
edited September 19 in Motivation and Support
:heart: I need to lose 5-10 pounds in the next month before I go to Vegas. And afterwards maybe 10 more pounds!

Wonder if anyone wants to track their own progress with me. I am a 25 year old student, 5'6, 150 lbs. Would like to go down to 130 by the end of the year.

Add me as a friend!

Replies

• canadiangirl84
    also...if anyone has any tips on eating and working out....while studying especially! plz post here :smile:
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Eating while studying.....

Well mostly I do it out of trying to stay awake. So instead of eating I started chewing gum. Something with a lot of flavor. Otherwise, I like carrot sticks and cherub tomatoes.

Good Luck with the weight loss. Mine is slow right now since I am getting near the end.
  • dclarsh
    dclarsh Posts: 364
    Hey, I've got about 5-10 pounds to lose in the next month or so too, before my birthday, so I'll be your buddy if you want. My end goal is 130 too, and I'm about 7 pounds away from that now.

You should probably take your personal email off this post. You don't want any weirdos getting it and stalking you. Not that there are a ton of weirdos on MFP, but... you never know, right?
  • InTheMoney
    InTheMoney Posts: 249 Member
    :heart: I need to lose 5-10 pounds in the next month before I go to Vegas. And afterwards maybe 10 more pounds!

Wonder if anyone wants to track their own progress with me. I am a 25 year old student, 5'6, 150 lbs. Would like to go down to 130 by the end of the year.

Add me as a friend or email me if interested!! silvamelissa@hotmail.com

I can help.
    Tell me what you're currently doing for exercise and eating.
  • canadiangirl84
    i took my email off...haha thanks for the tip!

I haven't been working out...but i have been dieting...basically low carb high protein...tons of fruits and vegs and water and vitamins. No eating any refined carbs or sugars...that means no bread, pasta, cereals, rice, etc.....and i have lost almost 5 pounds in 2 weeks!

I need some motivation though...because I am moving back to Canada for the summer and it's easy to fall off the wagon when you are bored and have nothing to do!
  • InTheMoney
    First- make sure you drink at least eight, 8oz glasses of water a day. Your body will retain water if it thinks it is being starved. That goes for food also. You don't want to go into starvation mode. That is where you are eating less than you should and your body's metabolism slows down to conserve fuels.
    The motivation can be as simple as checking in every day as to your continued daily successes.
    A long time ago, someone showed me how to quit smoking. It seemed like a huge deal. I was a 3 pack a day smoker and cold turkey seemed like Mount Everest. But they explained that you actually quit one cigarette at a time, the feeling passes and the time between cravings increases as time passes.
    Point is, if you work just for the day, each day becomes a success. When you string them together, you won' want to spoil your hard work because it will take away from those past successes.
    Each day builds on the past and helps the future.
    Did you take any before photos? hold onto them with the thought that you will take an after set and really wnat them to be much different. And they will!
  • InTheMoney
    i took my email off...haha thanks for the tip!

I haven't been working out...but i have been dieting...basically low carb high protein...tons of fruits and vegs and water and vitamins. No eating any refined carbs or sugars...that means no bread, pasta, cereals, rice, etc.....and i have lost almost 5 pounds in 2 weeks!

I need some motivation though...because I am moving back to Canada for the summer and it's easy to fall off the wagon when you are bored and have nothing to do!

Be careful on the fruits. they have a lot of Fuit Sugars. They are much better than plain sugar, but they are carbs.
    You're thinking right about the proteins. Muscle burns more calories than fat tissue and proeins are the building blocks of muscle.
    Working out is some manner will aid that. Burn calories, build muscle tissue, Burn more calories.
    you don't have to worry about "bulking up", women don't produce the chemical needed to build mass like that.
    No refined carbs is great! Try to stick to "Whole" products, there are a ton out there.
  • Cyndi1
    Cyndi1 Posts: 484 Member
    Hey canada is not boring-we have lots of trails that you can discover, keep busy and you will enjoy a wonderful summer in Canada. Good luck on the weight lost.
  • canadiangirl84
    I know Canada isn't boring...I was born and raised there!!! Going home for summer vacation though...and with a TON of time on my hands...plus a trip to vegas (which might equal dieting disaster)!

I am quite confused about fruit sugars all the time actually. The only fruits I really eat are Bananas, Oranges, Apples, Nectarines and Peaches.

Every day for dinner I have a garden salad with italian dressing, green olives, cherry tomatoes and one small can of tuna.

Any tips on low carb sugars!? Or really really really easy dinner meals that require no cooking...cuz i literally have no time to cook...i have 3 finals in the next week!
  • InTheMoney
    Ok- how did you do yesterday? Are you keeping a food diary?
    The best fruits are the ones that are lowere on the Glycemic Index. Grapes, apples, blueberries, oranges and strawberries are some of the best. Broccoli, beans and asparagus are great for veggies also. Lean beef, pork or ham slices and most fish. You will get full on these things before you eat too much. No snacking after dinner and watch what snacks you are eating, they can be kiilers.
This discussion has been closed.