Has anyone else become stingy with their calories...

Options

Replies

• sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    I often have the mentality as if it were money...Like do I really NEED that lol..... Yes I am stingy
  • MarincicS
    MarincicS Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I try not to eat back my exercise calories and never eat back all of them.

Today i poured out a whole 12.6 ounce bag of dark chocolate M&Ms to count EXACTLY how many there are in a "serving."

In case you're interested, there were 428 M&Ms in the bag, a serving size is then equal to 53.5 M&Ms and 210 calories, which i divided in half (26.75) and rounded down to 25 M&Ms since it's hard to eat 0.75 of an M&M.

I really wanted a treat, but there was NO way i was going to blow 210 calories on one!
  • beejam13
    Options
    It is the inevitable outcome of gaining an awareness of the effect calories have on weight. Just don't try to outrun the calories - be smart.
  • timadotcom
    timadotcom Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Definitely! My motivation to exercise? So I can eat more!!! lol

^^^ This! My burns are so I can eat and not be scared i'm going over my calories
  • Lokah13
    Options
    I decided to eat the amount of calories for the weight want o be at. So, I don'teat exercise calories. Just stick to the 1800-2000 per day.

I try to do the same thing. However being in Afghanistan some times makes it hard to track what you ate. So I exercise daily and try not to intake the extra calories!
  • MarincicS
    MarincicS Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I exercised extra long yesterday so I could eat an entire Ritter Sport candy bar. It was my birthday, dang it!

Happy Birthday!!
  • Just1forMe
    Just1forMe Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Nope, you're doing it right. That's what counting calories is all about. Being stingy in regards to what your goal is. Losing/maintaining/gaining Yea, you have to be stingy. It's like a game of chess. Thinking and planning ahead.Prepairing for your next intake, your next burn, your next reward, deficit, surplus, cheat meal. You learn the necessary tools and what works for you and YOU are in control of your body. And it gets easier and easier the more you focus

Well said!!!
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Moderation might work for weight loss, but I'm not exercising and tracking my food intake so I can eat ****ty food every day, just in smaller amounts. I'm doing it to stall or reverse any diagnosed and undiagnosed health issues caused by morbid obesity, to be stronger, fitter, and hopefully live a long, happy, active life. I don't need chocolate cake and beer to do any of that, and I'm certainly not going to justify it by hopping on the elliptical or treadmill. Maybe for a special occasion, like a birthday or anniversary or whatever, but to me, that's outside of the boundaries of moderation and I'd still try to fit it into my normal calorie/sugar/sodium intake for the day.
  • mrpurdy
    mrpurdy Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    << Will run for beer!
  • shellyt1
    shellyt1 Posts: 119
    Options
    I'm very careful with my calories during the day so I can enjoy at night and will even count shopping as walking a leasure pace for excercise! Your not alone!
  • mattpusateri
    mattpusateri Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I totally do this. Helps take the guilt away.

Last time I visited the in-laws they had some ridiculous chocolate chip cookies I knew I'd want at 11pm... So I made sure to take an extra long 45 minute walk with the dog that night to cover the calories I knew I'd be taking in later that night... When I finally had it, it was the tastiest, most guilt-free cookie I'd had in ages...
  • shine_
    shine_ Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Yes, I've turned into a foodie and everything I eat has to be worth the calories. So if I eat icecream, it has to be my fave favour and brand or even with fruits or vege. It has to be fresh from the farmer's market.

I'm the same! I like it though... everything I eat now is food I really enjoy and really look forward to. I never eat just for the sake of eating and I'd never eat chocolate or ice cream that's not my absolute favourite. Looking at food and nutrition this way makes me wonder why it took me so long to create this relationship with food and how I could so thoughtlessly eat "empty" things before.
  • jodywalsh
    jodywalsh Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    If I know I am going out to eat I save my calories and try to exercise more...not going out to eat and ordering a salad.....I can have that at home!! LOL Stingy is the way to be!!!
  • iuew
    iuew Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    same here. definitely stingy about calories.
  • PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    I'm stingy AND frantic.

I only exercise at night, so I often am lowwwwwwwwwwwwww on calories for the day afterwards. Then I can have a treat... but i make it worth it.

Every bite counts. Seriously. I want each bite to be a tribute to the awesome body I know I will have.
  • shellma00
    shellma00 Posts: 1,684 Member
    Options
    YES!! I definately have cut down on drinking calories. Unless it is a V8, which also has 2 - 3 servings of veggies, so its a win-win. I did not realize how many calories are in juices, such as OJ. I try to make the most of my daily calories and am almost always under goal. But yes, I do look at some foods differently now because of the calories.
  • bruler
    Options
    Yes..I have been very stingy...I have been driving everyone crazy lol
  • Pkiddy
    Pkiddy Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I treat my calories like "money". before i eat anything i determine whether it's "worth the price". and i exercise to "earn" more money. :)
  • happyjoyousfree1
    happyjoyousfree1 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I treat my calories like "money". before i eat anything i determine whether it's "worth the price". and i exercise to "earn" more money. :)

perfectly said!
  • albuslux
    Options
    Yes and my kids hate it. I used to be a push over for fast food. Now I'll only go to Subway and I have my sandwich order printed out from their web site.