I messed up last night!!!!

roz192003
roz192003 Posts: 6
edited September 19 in Motivation and Support
I have a huge problem with snacking/eating right before bed.. I cant seem to stop, and quite honestly its pissing me off:explode: I am so disasppointed in myself, and I need to get my mentals together because I am an emotional eater... I had a grilled porkchop and 1/2 cup of rice with a 1/2 cup of chopped tomatoes on it.. Then I had an edys fruit bar.. I was suppose to stop there.. Do you think I did? NO!!!:huh: So then, I sat in BED, and ate a little of some trail mix that was with Dried pineapples, sesame sticks and peanuts.. Not a lot, but I knew I was over in my calories, so then after I ate a little I realized that wasnt going to work, I ate a bowl of frosted flakes with 2% milk.. Then I was done.. I went over in my calories by about 400... I am just so sad, that I do this sometimes.. UGH.. Just needed to whine...

I will keep on truckin!!!

Roz

Replies

• havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Only eat at the table, not in bed. Make it a hard and fast rule for you. I get the mucnhies at night but I drink a cup of herbal tea and it seems to help.
  • dclarsh
    dclarsh Posts: 364
    I have a major problem with snacking at night too. I've got it pretty much under control now though... I found that the key for me is to keep busy. I used to come home from the gym, take a shower, and then just veg around until it was time for bed. That was the danger zone. Now, after my shower, I do laundry, pack my lunch for the next day, pick out my clothes, give myself a facial or a manicure... that kind of stuff. It really helps, plus I feel all pretty and organized, which is a bonus.
  • moujie
    moujie Posts: 229
    I hear you! I had ice cream last night - it was fantastic...374 calories over and I did not work out either! so this morning I'm bummed. :noway: Time to refocus.:angry:
  • annerssju
    annerssju Posts: 111
    I messed up BIG TIME too!! Went out to dinner on a date with my hubby for the first time since my baby was born (she's two months) and rewarded myself with a delicious dinner! Went to Iron Hill and had the works... appetizers, dinner, dessert, wine.... it was BAD. But I'm just going to say it was a one time deal to celebrate, and re-focus today. Still have about 30 pounds of baby weight to lose ( I packed on 70 by the time I was 9 months!!) Hopefully I'll stay stronger!
  • roz192003
    roz192003 Posts: 6
    I like the idea of keeping busy, perhaps I wil forget that I was craving something in the first place!!!! Def, eating at the table is a must.. We shall see what tonight brings.. Im gonna fight it really hard..

Thanks Guys
  • Robin_
    Robin_ Posts: 105
    Hey Roz, don't worry about it, it's life in progress. Just call it motivation to move a little more. I used to walk several blocks just so I could have an extra couple hundred calories! So step it up and enjoy that extra treat! Best of luck to everyone!:drinker:
    9726172000 Posts: 428
    I use to do that alot with eating at night after dinner. Someone that I work with had suggested to me that what my body was probably looking for was protein and that was why I was snacking late at night. So my friend said to start my day with protein and end it with protein. This has been almost 2 1/2 months ago and it has worked wonders for me. It was like within 3 days of starting to eat protein at the beggining of the day and at the end of the day I have no desire to eat after dinner. I have no cravings for my favorite snacks anymore and it also has helped me in my weight loss.
  • onfleur
    onfleur Posts: 159 Member
    I like the idea of keeping busy, perhaps I will forget that I was craving something in the first place!!!! Def, eating at the table is a must.. We shall see what tonight brings.. I'm gonna fight it really hard..

Thanks Guys

Roz, if you have to snack get something that is healthy and LOW in calories. My favorite snack food right now are fresh cherries and sweet peas. The peas are crunchy and sweet and the cherries well they are just little nuggets from heaven. String Cheese or a handful of nuts is god as well as protein last longer and your body always appreciates it. Both are low in calories and wont hurt you.

My husband is a snacker and so I have t have a little something that I feel I can enjoy once in a while. My best to you friend.:flowerforyou:
  • xsargex
    xsargex Posts: 768
    drink a large glass of water an hour before bed...or some kinda protein shake. Atleast if your gonna be bad, might as well drink something to benefit you.
This discussion has been closed.