Home Workout DVDs without jumping

Options
Do any of you know of any workout DVDs at home that do not have jumping jacks or jumping rope? I want to add some more cardio to my routine but jumping kills me. Any suggestions would be great!

Replies

• Angela_Freeborn
    Options
    Zumba.. thats the only one that i can think of that have no jump ropes or jumping jacks and its great excersise :)
  • MrsLVF
    MrsLVF Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I use Winsor Pilates
  • tabi26
    tabi26 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    You could try P90X and just skip the jumping parts. There really aren't that many exercises in P90X where you jump, and some of the ones that do jumping, you can modify so you aren't jumping. Sometimes jumping gives me headaches, so I just modify the move and don't jump at all. And the ones where you have to jump to do the move, I just walk around my living room and recover my heart rate lol.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    I have a Biggest Loser dvd that does have some jumping jacks, but they offer modifications for them so it can be super low impact. It's an older one, with Bob and Jillian, but I really like it! 30 minutes and you're DEFINITELY sweating!

You could also try some pilates dvds, I have a couple Windsor pilates ones that don't involve any impact moves whatsoever and they're really great for toning and strengthening.
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    Some dance workouts don't have a lot of jumping around.
  • cnsmith2
    cnsmith2 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Leslie Sanstones Walk at Home fitness DVDs. They have knee lifts and some kicks, but none of it is jumping and it's all low impact.
  • TexasGirl_Amie
    Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions! :)
  • katkat1717
    katkat1717 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    The firm dvd's don't have jumping jacks that i know of, at least the one's i have...
  • busrider71
    Options
    Leslie Sansone's Walk Slim 5 really big miles is awesome! There is no jumping but there is definitely a lot of moving and you can pick any amount of miles you want. LOVE IT!
  • gildinha
    gildinha Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I discovered Leslie Sansone *WalkAtHome* DVDs last week and I love them!! So far, haven't seen any jumping in the one that I've tried.
  • gildinha
    gildinha Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Leslie Sansone's Walk Slim 5 really big miles is awesome! There is no jumping but there is definitely a lot of moving and you can pick any amount of miles you want. LOVE IT!

@busrider71: I love Leslie Sansone too!! Can I ask you how to you log it here when you do one of her dvds?
  • butterfly10398
    Options
    ZUMBA!!! It's super fun and GREAT exercise, super high calorie burn!!
  • violetness
    violetness Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Leslie Sanstones Walk at Home fitness DVDs. They have knee lifts and some kicks, but none of it is jumping and it's all low impact.

I LOVE the Leslie Sansone videos, too, and you can get them at Amazon or even at WalMart where they sell the weights.
  • CharlieBarleyMom
    CharlieBarleyMom Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I second the Leslie Sansone Walk At Home DVDs.... but don't get the ones that say "boosted walking" that is slow jogging and then she does some light jumping which is actually jogging and kicking or jogging and knee lifts. These impact my ankles pretty harshly. She does always say that you can stay low impact and just do the kicks and knee lifts without having to go to the boosted walking level.

I get great cardio workouts from all of her DVDs. I usually just jog continually while she is in boosted walking mode. I jog throughout my 1st level - living room, dining room, kitchen, laundry room.
  • HotKanye
    HotKanye Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Turbo Jam has modifications so that your feet never need to leave the ground. You tap instead of kick and there are modifications for jumping jacks. That would be a good start!
  • vzucco
    vzucco Posts: 229
    Options
    I don't know what kind of Zumba you guys are doing but I jump around all the time, in fact, I hurt my knee a little recently doing Zumba (I already have bad knees and need to do low-impact exercise). Try mat workouts like Pilates, but look for fast paced ones that really burn calories, there are tons.
  • rileymama
    rileymama Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Walk off the Pounds, P90X (for the most part) or Power 90 Fat Burner Express (no jumping?) Pilates, (they have some that are more cardio, not just toning)
  • cdjmom
    cdjmom Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I, too, have bad knees and still do Zumba. When it comes to the jumping, I modify it to make it low impact.
  • frumpytofit
    Options
    Try Leslie Sansone for one month. You can download a starter walk program from youtube and Walmart sells LS dvds for around 10 bucks each.

A good DVD to start with is this one:

http://www.amazon.com/Leslie-Sansone-Walk-Pounds-5-Day/dp/B0013JRDZM/ref=sr_1_13?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1329232400&sr=1-13

You could join this post for some goal setting....

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/474393-swat-february-walk-with-leslie-sansone-workouts
  • Hanablu2
    Hanablu2 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I have a ton of dvd's but when I need a good workout without any jumping or risk of injury to my joints, I go on Netflix and I play Crunch: Total Resculpt. I love it. He starts with 20 min lower body workouts to target large muscle groups then does 20 min upper body workouts. No jarring, he takes his time guiding you through the workout from move to move. You get a good workout, it's fun and he's not annoying like some tapes and workouts can be. Good Luck!