The most perfect dance video!

Options
Ok so I've posted this before but I got ignored so I thought I would try again under a different heading 'cause I really need some input and I'm hoping a new title (though deceitful sorry) would catch some eyes.

Total honesty, I am a girl with NO rhythm .

I mean i am really the stereotypical joke. I refuse to dance anywhere because i don't know anything about anything.

That being said I want to learn ... something . I love dancing(...well watching others that can do it anway) but there are so many dvds with dancing that i'm a bit overwhelmed. I need someone to break it down for me to ...idiot levels ... can anybody recommend a good start?

I would love to be able to dance something besides the high school swaying slow dance. you know maybe something sexy

Replies

• waylward
    waylward Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I find zumba a great way to start - either in a live class or at home. It can be a little overwhelming at first but you quickly catch on to the choreography after a few classes and then you can just let loose and move. I'm not a dancer by any stretch of the imagination either, but I always feel like one in my zumba classes. Hahaha. Another thing that I really love is going to a hula hooping class. Everything is done to music and dancing but you are concentrating so much on keeping the hula hoop from falling (at least at first) that you don't feel silly about the dance moves themselves. For me, it's all about having fun.

I do my classes at a gym so I don't have any suggestions for specific dvds, but there are lots out there. You should be able to find some that are geared towards beginners and work from there. Enjoy :)
  • Megdonald1
    Megdonald1 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    That sux that nobody responded before. There is a video set called 'flirty girl' that I think would be really helpful. Another one is the one from the creator of the *****cat dolls. (Can't remember the title, sorry) **MFP took out the first part of that group. If you don't know who it is inbox me! LOL****

The main thing I would want you to hear is .... no matter how bad you THINK you are if you are enjoying yourself who cares? DANCE YOUR BUTT OFF!!!! Dancing is an expression of YOU so nothing you do is wrong. There's a saying "Dance like nobody is watching" and you should. HAVE FUN GIRL!!!!!
  • lejlabas
    Options
    Zumba and Deanne Berry dance aerobic workout .... FUN and productive :)
  • Megdonald1
    Megdonald1 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I find zumba a great way to start - either in a live class or at home. It can be a little overwhelming at first but you quickly catch on to the choreography after a few classes and then you can just let loose and move. I'm not a dancer by any stretch of the imagination either, but I always feel like one in my zumba classes. Hahaha. Another thing that I really love is going to a hula hooping class. Everything is done to music and dancing but you are concentrating so much on keeping the hula hoop from falling (at least at first) that you don't feel silly about the dance moves themselves. For me, it's all about having fun.

I do my classes at a gym so I don't have any suggestions for specific dvds, but there are lots out there. You should be able to find some that are geared towards beginners and work from there. Enjoy :)

LMBO!!! I keep trying with the hula hoop but I spend WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more time picking up the hoop than I do actually hula-ing. I am so jealous!!!
  • waylward
    waylward Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Haha, I hear you. It took me half a year to get to the point where I could keep the largest hoop from falling all the time (the larger and heavier the hoop, the easier). But I enjoyed the classes anyways, so much fun. Now I am moved on to a smaller hoop and right back to trying to keep it from falling again. All you can do is laugh and enjoy :)